The Coral Triangle Center (CTC) is a foundation based in Bali with a regional scope and global impact. CTC works closely with local communities, the private sector, governments, and partners to strengthen marine resource management in the Coral Triangle to protect coral reef ecosystems and ensure sustainable livelihoods and food security. CTC supports on-the-ground conservation in Nusa Penida in Bali, Banda Islands in Maluku, and Atauro in Timor-Leste.
Coral Triangle Center is developing its Center for Marine Conservation (CMC) in Bali, an integrated learning space for training programs, outreach activities, and artistic and cultural performances to influence millions of people to care for our oceans and those who depend on them. CTC leads regional learning networks of women leaders, local government executives, and marine protected area practitioners in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, and Timor-Leste. CTC is also a certified training center of Indonesia’s Government – the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF) and an official partner of the Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs, Fisheries, and Food Security (CTI-CFF).
The CMC Facilitator will be mainly responsible for the following:
- Assists the Center team on the daily operation of the CTC Center for Marine Conservation (CMC);
- Supports the operations of the CTC Escape Rooms, as a Game Master, including but not limited to ensuring good hospitality and functionality of the Escape Rooms, manages guests, and facilitates and monitors games;
- Hosts CMC’s visitors, promotes house tours, and delivers educational messages to the visitors under the Center team’s supervision;
- Welcomes CMC’s visitors and is responsible for managing the receptionist desk and updating the CMC’s visitor data;
- Assists in the Fun Learning activities and other products in the Center or off-site (field trips), including online activities.
- Assists the sales & and marketing staff in promoting the CTC Center for Marine Conservation by designing the marketing collaterals under Comms team supervision;
- As needed, supports the product development process of educational projects at the CTC Center for Marine Conservation (CMC);
- Works under the supervision of CTC’s Business Development Specialist to ensure that tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Marine-biology graduates and/or any related fields are preferred;
- Knowledge of marine conservation and/or sustainable fisheries issues is a plus;
- Knowledge and skills in interpretive, multimedia design, marketing, and video editing software is a plus;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Able to deliver assigned tasks in a timely manner;
- Able to swim, having diving skills is preferred;
- Demonstrate good English skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Efforts
- May require evening and weekend work to achieve CMC’s goals;
- Involves trips to the field to assist the guest (visitor) when needed;
- Able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
Reporting and Coordination Lines
The CMC Facilitator will report directly to CMC’s Business Development Specialist, s(he) will coordinate with the Communications team and other team members in achieving CTC goals.
Please send your CV and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (The closing date for application is October 2023)