Sosial Bisnis Indonesia (SOBI) is the first natural resource management-based company which was established in 2016 with the mission of shared ownership and sustainable management. SOBI acts as a market hub to promote and connect sustainable wood-derived products from the community-based cooperatives to fulfill the market demands. Preceding to providing the better access to the market in a broader term, SOBI also provides the assessment and certification process for natural resource-derived products (FSC and SVLK) so the sustainable principles are met.
SOBI’s establishment was inspired by the importance of sustainability on natural resource management to be seen as an instrument for conserving the biological biodiversity as well as maintaining the balance of resources base. Yet, the fact that sustainable natural resources management is hard to be adopted if communities still challenged with economic and operational problems resulting the unsustainable way of their common practices. SOBI therefore presents better and long-term breakthrough for forest communities by providing access to sustainable market with fairly better price while ensuring the sustainability of the forest.
Currently SOBI needs a dedicated External Communications Strategist to manage SOBI’s communication and external relations to make added values for company’s branding and partnership proposition. He/she will play a key role in developing a external communications strategies for Sosial Bisnis Indonesia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing SOBI’s brand proposition for Business to Business (B2B) purposes as well as public advocacy about SOBI’s initiative through utilization of content development in company’s website and social media;
- Researching and building partnership with international and national media as well as various potential strategic partners including governments, privates, donors, CSR, and other institutions that can benefit SOBI as community-based natural resource management unit;
- Creating SOBI’s promotional activities that can leverage SOBI’s brand as well as invite potential partners for further collaboration in advancing SOBI’s initiative for advancing community-based natural resource management system;
- Seeking potential opportunities in the external events such as exhibition, seminar, or any kind of activities that can benefit SOBI for further partnerships and promotions;
- Collaborating with SOBI’s marketing team to seek new potential buyers and secure the partnership.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Management/ Communication/ Visual design
Minimum 1 year working experience in company branding and external relationship management (Fresh graduates with relevant project experiences are encouraged to apply)
Professional and Personal Competencies and Traits required:
- Knowledge about marketing and company branding theory, principles and practices
- Skill of writing storyline for web article, social media, and other marketing tools (brochure, flyer, and poster)
- Proven ability in English both writing and communicate
- Interpersonal skill and active communications on how to best promote company branding to external parties
- Skill and practical experience in Flash and Adobe Creative Suite applications : Illustrator, Flash, Photoshop is a plus
- Good communication, confidence, time management skills with an ability to plan, prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Comfortable to work independently with minimum lead/supervision
Send Resume/CV, Cover Letter, and Portfolio (web article/ blog article/ brochure/ flyer/ poster) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject email “Application for External Communications Strategist_(Name)” before April 5th, 2019.