Expert for Teaching Development will work closely as a Counterpart for External Pedagogical Adviser at Teacher Training and Pedagogical College (STKIP) Weetebula, Sumba, Indonesia.
Since 2012, STKIP Weetebula has been cooperating with an international donor agency from Germany, Misereor/KZE in improving the quality and capacity of STKIP as an institution producing qualified teachers for Sumba Island. STKIP currently needs to hire an expert to work as a counterpart for our external pedagogical adviser from Germany in teaching development program.
Task and responsibilities:
- Conducting comprehensive studies/research on education situation in Sumba
- Organizing workshop, training or seminar on fundamental of learning and teaching method to STKIP’s lecturers and students as well as to teachers of partner schools around Sumba
- Supporting partner schools in developing teaching practice program (PPL)
- Participating in national/international conference and implementing the knowledge management
- Creating dialogue and sharing experience in learning activities with other institutions in improving the education quality in Sumba, East Nusa Tenggara
- A master’s degree in Education, Curriculum Development or other relevant subjects
- Excellence command/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in education field or working in a non-profit organization
- Able to work with colleagues in a multicultural environement and able to work under tight deadlines
- Willing to live in Sumba