Functional Title : Executive Support Associate
Category & Level : G-6 Level / Fixed Term Appointment
Position No. : 10004743
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Entry on Duty : 01 November 2019
Duration : Initially one year with possibility of extension
(Subject to availability of fund and Satisfactory Performance)
Annual Salary : starting IDR 252.777.000 (including Medical and Pension allowances)
Closing Date : 20 October 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of representative, the Executive Support Associate will perform the following duties in his/her area of responsibility:
– Arrange appointments and maintain Supervisor’s calendar, ensure attendance and well set up of meeting rooms, and screen telephone calls.
– Arrange meetings with high-ranking officials and official receptions given by the Supervisor.
-Ensure that high-level visitors are appropriately informed, that they receive background information as necessary, and that the necessary protocols are respected.
– Manage the flow of information to/from the Supervisor and other senior staff; identify priority matters that need to be urgently addressed or signed by the Supervisor. Follow up to ensure that appropriate administrative action is being taken by senior managers on tasks determined by the Supervisor.
– Prepare briefing materials for Supervisor for official trips or special meetings including agenda, travel details and background documents prepared by the Executive Assistant.
– Prepare informal translations if required.
– Receive screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain follow-up system.
– Draft non-substantive correspondence and ensure follow-up.
– Type correspondence, documents and reports, etc., some of which are highly confidential.
– Select and make pertinent abstracts and undertake searches for information.
– Maintain a file management system according to UNHCR policies, including general and confidential files.
– Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps.
– Ensure administrative procedures (travel, hospitality expenses, etc.) will be timely concluded.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Core Competencies : Accountability, Communication, Organizational Awareness, Teamwork & Collaboration, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Client & Result Orientation.
Cross – Functional Competencies : Analytical Thinking, Planning and Organizing, Political Awareness.
Functional Skills : IT-Computer Literacy; MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation; MS-Editing; UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations, and Procedures.
Education : Minimum High School Diploma in Secretarial, Business Administration, Human Resources, Office Management or related field.
Experience : 6 (six) years of relevant work experience. Working in a multi-cultural environment or UN is an added asset.
Nationality : Citizen of Indonesia; Non-citizen with Indonesian permanent residence.
Languages : Excellent knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia (written and spoken) is essential; knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
Desirable : Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
(i) With UNHCR Staff
(ii) With External Parties: Relevant Government Official, UNHCR’s implementing partners, NGOs, etc.
Supervision exercised and guidance given
On-the-job training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Address Menara Ravindo Lt. 14 Jl. Kebon Sirih Kav. 75 Jakarta
- Salary Offer 252.777.000 / annually