Expression of Interest
We are currently seeking applications from mid-level and expert-level experienced technical professionals across a number of areas for short term consultancies with KOMPAK. The purpose of the Social Development ResearcherTechnical Advisory Panel is to have pre-screened and qualified technical experts ready for rapid engagement and deployment as required.
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
Scope of Works
- Lead and/or implement quantitative and/or qualitative research on KOMPAK’s flagships; especially on: (a) kecamatan and village governance, (b) social accountability, (c) basic services (civil registration, health and education), and (d) local economic development;
- Develop and provide input to the research’s concept, design, methodology and data collection tools;
- Conduct valid and reliable data collection and analysis;
- Develop the research report and other relevant knowledge products as relevant;
- Develop high-level presentation materials and be the resource-person in the research’s dissemination sessions;
- Provide inputs to other KOMPAK’s analytical works as necessary.
Key Selection Criteria
- Bachelor in relevant field, preferably Master’s Degree
- More than 7 years of experience in social development related research/evaluation (please provide two writing examples in Bahasa Indonesia and/or English, max. 10 pages)
- Experience in conducting research in Indonesia
- Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion issues
- Ability to work well in a team
Applicants identified as suitable will be contacted and a series of due diligence activities will be completed. Once all due diligence has been completed to a satisfactory standard, communications will be issued formalising appointment to the panel.
When appropriate consulting opportunities arise, panel members will be contacted and engaged. It is important to note that appointment to the panel does not constitute as a commitment of engagement.
Applicants may be either consultants operating as sole traders or incorporated entities.
Further Information and Application Details
The deadline for submission of your Expression of Interest is Midnight, Sunday 29 November 2020 (Australian Eastern Standard Time).
We welcome and thank all applications; however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women and people with disabilities. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.