PT GENERAL AROMATICS is a company focused on producing and sourcing natural ingredient and commodities with more than 12 years’ experience in partnering with farmers and producers of natural ingredient across Indonesia.
We are working in close relationship with our clients, their auditors, locals NGOs, and environmental organization to prepare and strength our supply chain to the criteria of standard of the market.
We are actually working on two main projects to respond to the diagnostic of international environmental organism detached by our clients.
More generally, we want to prepare progressively all of our commodities and our partners, one by one, to the high and challenging exigence of social and environmental standard.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and passionate professional who are interested in growing with us long-term and who believe that business can be develop in harmony with human and nature.
The aim of this position is to developing and strengthening our different supply chain with a sustainable strategy that benefit to local producers, communities and in respect of the environment.
Experience in value chain management, certification, commodities is necessary.
Good physical health, able to travel and stay in rural and remoted area, walk around plantation is required.
Passion for natural ingredient is also a must.
Willingness to learn is a must.
The offices are located in Banda Aceh and a branch in Medan, the position will be based mainly in Banda Aceh and sometime in Medan with extensive travel to West Java, Aceh, Gayo Lues, Sulawesi.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Economics, or Environmental Sciences
- At least 5 years’ experience working in agribusiness, supply chain management, agricultural economics, conservation or environmental sector or a related field in organization or private sector.
- Experience and knowledge of certification processes for commodities (Forest, Organic, agriculture, Fair trade).
- Required languages: Fluent English, Bahasa Indonesia
- Full-Time position.
- Domicile in Banda Aceh , apt to travel regularly
- Experience working in commodities supply chain
- Experience working with group of farmers, cooperatives
- Experience working in an environmental or certification organism is a must
The ENVIRONMENTAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER is responsible for diverse supply chain of commodities in different location.
He / she provides technical and support assistance in coordination with the partners: producers, group of farmers, ONG, GOV entities, universities, external auditor, buyers, organism of certification.
Under the supervision of the director, he/she takes the responsibility to ensure the implementation of different project activities in accordance with the planning and expected results.
Development of sustainability standards
Taking the lead in the proper implementation and monitoring of project activities on the partners / producer’s level that contributes to innovative agribusiness models and a sustainable value chain.
- Strengthening the visibility and traceability on existing supply chain from our producers and partners.
- Creation, socialization and implementation of all socio-environmental policies, procedures, pedagogics and training materials, SoP among the actors of the value chain
- Identify any obstacles, provide expertise and advice regarding to agricultural activities and environment issues to ensure a long-term basis sustainability of the value chain.
- Provide tools and services in order to ensure environmentally friendly and organic practices for the farmers and producers on the long-term basis.
- Develop and implement internal company CRS policies, charter, ethical trade policies
- Implement and socialize procedures, corrective actions based on the request of social-environment plans of the clients or its auditor.
- Ensure and formalize contract and purchasing tools among all the actors of the value chain
- Contribute to the development of new project or partnership under the direction of PTGA director
- Ensure an efficient collaboration with the main stakeholders: NGOs, Auditor, commodities network, Environmental organization to achieved the objectives.
- Responsible to initiate, develop and maintain networking in the related sectors, this include facilitate discussion for program design
- Identifying partnerships with relevant stakeholders (LSM, University, gov entities) for concrete collaboration to scale up the project results;
- Providing reliable and accurate narrative and financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide expertise and counsel PT GA on the overall strategy of implementation of this program.
Learning and Innovation
- Providing updates of information to the partners on matters related to the project innovations, project tools/methodologies, partnership and way of working;
- Identifying and organising capacity building for the partners to improve their organisational, and technical capacities;
- Contributing to PT GA ’s knowledge management and learning initiatives.
- Contributing to the development of PTGA communication tools: Photo, video, website, magazine, LinkedIn, Instagram, special publication materials, etc…
- Participate to the purchasing / sourcing of ingredients.
- Conduct assessment and identify new potential partnership with producers.
- Develop new partnership with local organization (i.e: preparation for programme’s activities, funding proposal, development of ToR of collaboration, report, etc.)
- Understanding the cultural, social and economic challenges & opportunities by conducting field observation and interviews with farmers, cooperative and other key stakeholders
- Analyzing the interconnectivity between different factors above in order to subsequently create a well-targeted strategic plan for future program design, fast answer to different problematic
- Participates to the market development of the company