The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (MAMPU Phase II) aims to address key issues affecting poor women in accessing, controlling, participating and enjoying fulfilment from policies and development programs in five thematic areas as follows:
1. Improving access to GOI’s social protection programs;
2. Improving conditions of employment and removing workplace discrimination;
3. Improving conditions for women’s overseas labour migration;
4. Improving women’s health and nutritional status;
5. Reducing violence against women.
The Program will increase capacity of civil society partners; expand the network organisations working on gender equality; better position all of our partners to exert greater influence on key areas of government policy; and expand reach among poor women at the grassroots level. The Program will also harness the work of Phase I to generate policy change that leads to widespread impact for poor women in Indonesia.
The Senior Executive Officer provides administrative and communication and coordination support to the Team Leader and Senior Management Team on aspects relating to program governance as well as general program support.
Administrative and Communication and Coordination Support to the Team Leader (TL) and Senior Management Team (SMT):
- Draft correspondence;
- Maintain and coordinate the program schedule for MAMPU’s governance structure; including thematic working groups, program technical committee, and steering committee;
- Support in documenting key meeting minutes and related documents for program stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain a well-organized electronic program filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information;
- Respond to phone, email and in-person enquiries as requested;
- Maintain partner/program confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential;
- Complete projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results;
- Provide support to meetings and committees by preparing agenda packages, arranging meeting date/time/rooms, contacting participants, attending meeting to record minutes, preparing minutes for distribution, and following up as needed on action points; and
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Type, format, copy, distribute, file and retrieve correspondence, reports, and documents of a routine or confidential nature;
- Proofread documents for spelling, grammar and syntax in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Coordinate on daily basis with MAMPU Executive Assistant to provide support to the Team Leader (TL) and Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Assist with editing of project documents for ease of reading and syntax as requested by the SMT;
- Assist in the communication of information between key program stakeholders and within the broader team;
- Provide overall support to new and existing program activities as requested by the TL and/or SMT members;
- Assist in contract negotiation of locally-engaged personnel, short-term advisers (STAs) and consultants;
- Provide support to short-term advisers as requested by the SMT;
- Plan field visits and counterpart visits including coordinating and providing logistical support;
- Conduct research from various sources and weave together into cohesive documents; and
- Lead special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university in secretarial studies, management, government or public administration, law, or other relevant field of studies;
- 5+ years’ of administrative and secretarial experience;
- Experience working in development sector particulary donor-funded programs;
- Strong computer skills and MS Office proficiency particulary MS Word and MS Powerpoint;
- Excellent IT and typing skills (a minimum of 45 words per minute is required);
- Proven ability to take on a variety of different tasks without becoming overwhelmed;
- Professional and friendly disposition.