The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (MAMPU Phase II) aims to address key issues affecting poor women in accessing, controlling, participating and enjoying fulfilment from policies and development programs in five thematic areas as follows:
- Improving access to GOI’s social protection programs;
- Improving conditions of employment and removing workplace discrimination;
- Improving conditions for women’s overseas labour migration;
- Improving women’s health and nutritional status;
- Reducing violence agaist woemen.
The Program will increase capacity of civil society partners; expand the network organisations working on gender equality; better position all of our partners to exert greater influence on key areas of government policy; and expand reach among poor women at the grassroots level. The Program will also harness the work of Phase I to generate policy change that leads to widespread impact for poor women in Indonesia.
The Senior Executive Assistant/Program Coordinator, fluently bilingual in English and Bahasa Indonesian, provides administrative support to the Team Leader and Senior Management Team on program related work, maintaining confidentiality, tact, and respect at all times.
Period of assignment: 1 October 2017 – 30 June 2019
The Senior Executive Assistant/Program Coordinator’s duties include the following:
Administrative Support to the Team Leader (TL) and Senior Management Team (SMT):
- Draft correspondence;
- Type, format, copy, distribute, file and retrieve correspondence, reports, and documents of a routine or confidential nature;
- Proofread documents for spelling, grammar and syntax in Bahasa and English;
- Create and maintain contact list for the MAMPU program;
- Coordinate the SMT schedules as required by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel;
- Develop and maintain a well-organized electronic program filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information;
- Respond to phone, email and in-person enquiries as requested;
- Maintain partner/program confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential;
- Complete projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results;
- Provide support to meetings and committees by preparing agenda packages, arranging meeting date/time/rooms, contacting participants, attending meeting to record minutes, preparing minutes for distribution, and following up as needed on action points; and
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist with editing of project documents for ease of reading and syntax as requested by the SMT;
- Assist SMT in ensuring all reports are prepared and submitted to Cowater HQ according to the established timelines and procedures;
- Coordinates document translations by liaising with translators, communicating sections of documents needing translation, keeping track of existing translated and accepted language for frequently used text (ex.a program description, language around SDGs, etc.) to avoid duplication, etc.
- Provide overall support to new and existing program activities as requested by the TL and/or SMT members;
- Assist in contract negotiation of locally-engaged personnel, short-term advisers (STAs) and consultants;
- Provide support to short-term advisers as requested by the SMT;
- Plan field visits and counterpart visits including coordinating and providing logistical support;
- Conduct research from various sources and weave together into cohesive documents; and
- Lead special projects, as required.