Location: Sukadana, West Kallimantan, Indonesia
Report to: Managing Director
Status: Full-time position, 12 months with a 3-month trial period
About Health In Harmony & ASRI
Health In Harmony works with communities who live around protected rainforests in Borneo and Madagascar, providing healthcare, agriculture training, and economic empowerment. This combination allows the community to stop logging, which enables the forest to breathe and helps stabilize the climate. Health In Harmony supports the Indonesian partner and sister organization Alam Sehat Lestari (ASRI) to run a fully functional medical center in Sukadana, Borneo, that treats many thousands of patients each year. The communities’ key innovation is a “green credit” system – patients from villages that reduce illegal logging receive discounts up to 70% on healthcare services. Patients can also pay with seedlings, handicrafts, manure, and more, ensuring care is always accessible.
Health In Harmony and ASRI work hand-in-hand. Health In Harmony leads the strategic direction, global focus, and growth priorities, while ASRI operates the Community Medical and Training Center, conservation, and alternative livelihood programs in Indonesia and oversees the Educational Exchange program on the ground.
Planetary Health Education
We offer unique training to teach our Planetary Health methodology in the field. Annually we host around 100 visitors with backgrounds in the field of conservation, health, public health, social sciences, business development, marketing, and media. We work closely with academic institutions, medical professionals, businesses, and NGOs to explore innovative solutions to health and environmental challenges via Planetary Health educational opportunities. For over 10 years, we have worked with universities including Yale and Yale NUS, Stanford, Rochester, Ohio State, and Montana to send student groups and professionals to take part in these educational opportunities. The Education Exchange Coordinator will oversee the Education Exchange Program at ASRI and is working closely with the HIH Program Manager and the ASRI team on the ground to coordinate visitors. This position will be the key liaison for the Educational Exchange program for visitors and partnering academic and health institutions.
- Be the main contact for each visitor, internship student, volunteer, and other travel participants
- Inquire the interests of visitors, internship students, volunteers, or other travel participants and connect them with the potential and opportunities at ASRI.
- Be the expert and understand training and project needs at ASRI in order to match those with visitor experiences and skillset
- Prepare an itinerary for visitors, internship students, volunteers, or other travel participants
- Assist participants in the Indonesian Visa Application process
- Manage logistics to prepare for the arrival of visitors/interns/other travel participants
- Coordinate with internal parties (ASRI staff) and external parties (such as immigration offices, police stations, villages, etc.) regarding the arrival plans and activities of visitors, internship students, volunteers, and other travel participants
- Coordinate with Health in Harmony in preparing for each arrival, as well as in communicating the exchange program to the public
- Updating information regarding exchange programs on platforms run by ASRI and HIH
- Promoting exchange activities to the public and universities, especially from within the country
- Documenting every exchange activity neatly
- Prepare monthly to yearly exchange division work plans
- Prepare financial reports and monthly activity reports
- Calculate the cost of carrying out activities, analyze, and provide input for efficiency
- Prepare visitor arrival reports for relevant stakeholders
- Support the communication team by providing communication materials related to planetary health exchange (stories from visitors, interns, volunteers, etc.)
- Minimal BA Degree in any of the following disciplines: health sciences, public health, social sciences, business development, conservation, or planetary health.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Fluency in English is required
- Demonstrate strong initiative, with the ability to work with a remote supervisor and remain dependable and accountable to assigned projects
- High attention to detail and ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (experience with WordPress is a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work flexible work hours
- Cross-cultural competence
- Not smoking
Please send a cover letter, motivation letter, and resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 10th, 2022. Please use the Education Exchange Coordinator in the subject line. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to contact all applicants, but we will contact you soon if you are chosen for an interview.
- Salary Offer 4.000K - 5.000K