An exciting opportunity to work alongside a team of young, bright and season experts and personnel supporting the GoI in economic development
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing, and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary, and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments, and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Overview of the Role:
The Economist (Private Sector Development) is required to come with a sound knowledge of Indonesia’s private sector landscape, understanding of best practices in related policy and regulations, and the technical capability in linking economic data and policy analysis with the existing regulatory framework in Indonesia. The Economist will also assist with various engagements and projects with GOI including conducting surveys and studies, capacity building activities, writing policy briefs and papers on such topics, and socialisation of policy changes.
About the Program:
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia.
About the Role:
The Economist will report to Senior Economist (Innovation and Entrepreneurship Lead). The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework Group C, Job Level 2, open to Indonesia national. The role is based in Jakarta – Indonesia.
Responsibilities and duties:
The position is required to:
- Support the Senior Economist in developing, implementing, and monitoring Prospera’s work program in the innovation and entrepreneurship Practice Area.
- Conduct studies on the state of private sector development, innovation, and entrepreneurship in Indonesia, identify gaps and opportunities, and provide tangible policy recommendations on how to optimise private sector contribution to post-COVID-19 growth.
- Conduct economic analysis and provide policy advice on other areas related to private sector, entrepreneurship, and innovation ecosystem development.
- Support the development of activities and new areas of Prospera engagement, including conducting and/or overseeing analytical and scoping exercises, capacity building programme, in related areas.
- Provide input as required to support the overall management of Prospera, including maintaining an overview of contemporary issues in private sector development, innovation, and competitiveness.
- Work along other members of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship practice area and the broader Breakthrough 1 area, and their embedded technical advisers, short-term specialists, and other personnel to deliver on Prospera’s outputs in the relevant areas.
- Prepare briefs for a range of internal and external stakeholders on relevant areas.
- Scope opportunities to provide support to the GOI which contribute to the position and program objectives.