We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Overview of the Role:
PROSPERA seeks to recruit an Economist for the team of Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs (CMEA) Hub. The role will be to bring strong economic analytic and policy assessment to Prospera’s support of government agencies and work with stakeholders in the Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs as well as across other engagement areas. The policy analysis will reflect expertise and knowledge of economic policymaking, particularly in the Indonesian context. It is envisaged that the Economist will focus on a broad policy based analytical agenda including major macro-economic developments (national and international) and inclusive growth, the financial sector, the private sector development, the trade and investment sector, as well as the revenue and spending policy issues.
About the Program:
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia.
About the Role:
The Economist will report to Lead Adviser – CMEA Hub. The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework (NRF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 2, open for Indonesian nationals, to be based in Jakarta (currently working from home). The remuneration level at which the Economist is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
Responsibilities and duties:
The Economist is required to:
- Provide high-level economic and public policy advice and analysis to CMEA Hub and Tim Asistensi (A group of senior Indonesian policy experts engaged by Prospera to provide “just in time ” advice to include deeper analysis for economic policy-making) to increase their policy impact.
- Develop strategic and high policy impact activities and new areas of Prospera engagement, including conducting and/or overseeing analytical and scoping exercises.
- Undertake activities which strengthen Indonesia’s evidence-based policy making, including supporting stronger links with non-government stakeholders such as civil society, research institutions and the private sector as part of the policy making process.
- Provide expert input as required to support the overall management of Prospera, including maintaining an overview of contemporary economic policy issues in Indonesia.
- Prepare presentation/report/brief of the economic analysis/policy assessment as required by Prospera Lead Adviser and Tim Asistensi.
- Support to Lead Adviser – CMEA Hub in the provision of timely and sound technical advice on economic policy and financial sector development; such as defining counterpart capacity building needs and providing effective guidance as to the use of specific technical expertise from Prospera and/or other development partners.
- Coordinate with and undertake activities which support Australian government development assistance related to economic governance activities.
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into a web browser: https://www.cardno.com/media/8260/tor-economist-cmea-hub-ver1.pdf
It is expected that the position will meet the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Economics or Public Policy and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the area of economics and quantitative analysis.
- Understanding of the Indonesian economy and available data on the Indonesian economy as well as understanding of Indonesia’s engagement in international fora (knowledge of Indonesia’s role in G20 would be a plus).
- Experience in analysing the Indonesian economy and/or other economies.
- Experience in Fiscal policy – at the macroeconomic level as well as the policy issues on the revenue and spending side of the budget.
- Computing proficiency with competency in the use of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as one or more econometric software packages.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in English (both written and oral), including advocacy, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write a concise report in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
How to apply?