The DRR (Disaster Risk Reduction) Specialist contributes to the achievement of APIK objectives at the regional level by assisting in the development of DRR CCA (Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation) strategies, regional-level work plans, coordinating regional-level activities, ensuring strong communications with the APIK regional office and technical specialists, and generally building trust between APIK and local stakeholders. S/he works side by side with APIK partners on a daily basis and represents the front line of the Project.
- Proven experience with DRR CCA policy issues, providing policy and advisory services to determine best approaches for enhanced development effectiveness in support of DRR CCA;
- Experience with resilience-focused activities, resource mobilization, and advocacy;
- Possess at least a university degree; preferably in environmental engineering/science, disaster management, geology, geography, or social science;
- At least 3 years of experience working on institutional DRR CCA program; preferably with working experience in Maluku;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in facilitation, training, and organizing work at government and policy level;
- Ability to facilitate different actors and interests between government-civil society-private sector to have deliberative processes towards building local resilience and sustainability;
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office tools and internet-based infrastructure.