Position Title : Driver
Location : Jakarta
Period of Assignment : March 2022 – March 2023 (1 year) with a possibility of extension
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership Towards an Inclusive Society (AIPTIS) is a $75m, 5-year investment (2021-25) that will contribute to the broader development goal of No one is left behind – more marginalised people participate in and benefit from Indonesia’s socio-cultural economic, and political development
AIPTIS continues Australia’s support to Indonesia’s prosperity, building on advancements in the areas of gender equality and women’s empowerment, social inclusion, and civil society strengthening. This includes experience and lessons working in community-driven development, civil society programs, women’s empowerment, and inclusive development programs – most recently through MAMPU and Peduli. It also builds on decades of work by Indonesian CSOs and social movements, including the women’s movement to advance GEDSI.
AIPTIS supports the shared policy priorities of GoI and GoA. It is aligned with Pillar One of the Indonesia- Australia Comprehensive Strategic Partnership, and the associated Plan of Action, which commits to cooperation to “address poverty and inequality, promote women’s leadership and empowerment on disability-inclusive development; the Stability Pillar of the Australia-Indonesia COVID-19 Development Response Plan; and the Government of Indonesia (GoI) Medium-Term Development Plan (RPJMN IV 2020- 2024). AIPTIS supports the RPJMN agenda of “enhancing the quality and competitiveness of human resources”, and specifically the RPJMN’s Gender Equality and Women Empowerment policy and its Social Inclusion policy direction. It also supports Indonesia’s commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and the call to “Leave no one behind” in development, while responding to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, including the disproportionate socioeconomic impacts on women and communities experiencing marginalisation as well as the potential threats posed to civil society spaces.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, the Driver is responsible to ensure safe transportation of people and handling deliveries in a timely manner, as well as to ensure proper maintenance of vehicles.
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager and daily instructed by Admin officer and close co-operation with the Procurement officer, the Driver tasks and responsibilities includes:
- Carries out driving duties as instructed by the Administration Officer or the person designated as substitute.
- Ensure the transport of people and goods in Jakarta, and field areas.
- Maintain the relevant forms (Vehicle Logbook (Fuel/parking/km; etc) assigned to AIPTIS vehicles and to submit them to the Administration Officer at the end of each month as well as copies of Logbook for advance acquittal.
- Ensures that the vehicle(s) allocated are checked on a daily basis (Monday to Friday) concerning fuel, water, oil and other fluids, tyre pressure and any damage/ repair requirements (which are to be reported to Administration for action).
- Inform the Administration Officer about any mechanical problems that may arise as well as the need of vehicle maintenance.
- Supervise the repair of the vehicles.
- Guarantee daily cleaning of the interior and exterior of the vehicles.
- The driver is responsible for all loading and unloading of goods into the vehicle and ensures their security and condition while in the vehicle
- Check the stocks of materials of the first aid kit in the vehicles before each exit to the field.
- Carry out a responsible management and driving of the vehicles, respecting traffic rules.
- Keep vehicles’ documents in order.
Other tasks and responsibilities
- Deliver and collect correspondence and documentation
- Support the implementation of other activities of AIPTIS whenever necessary
- Supervises minor maintenance jobs carried out at the office by external parties (electricians, painters, plumbers)
- Carries out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure
- the smooth operation of AIPTIS’s work and optimise the functioning of the office, such as replacing absent colleagues, carrying out administrative tasks, etc.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in similar functions
- A Valid Driver’s license, issued for at least 5 years
- Time management and organizational skills to keep track of deliveries and stay on schedule
- Proactivity and sense of responsibility in the accomplishment of tasks
- Strong ability to work as a team and in intercultural environments
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, by February 4th, 2022 at the latest.
For your application to be considered,
- Please send your application to email@example.com
- Please put “Application – Driver” in the email subject.
We thank all applicants, however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion.