Program / Department Summary
Managing Risks through Economic Development (M-RED Indonesia) is a program that aims to build disaster-ready communities by strengthening the capacity of vulnerable groups to minimize the impacts of natural hazards and climate-related shocks and stresses through multi-stakeholder partnerships with the government, the private sector, and civil society.
M-RED Indonesia operates primarily in Palu in Central Sulawesi to elaborate programming in the so-called Disaster Risk Reduction “DRR-Livelihoods Nexus” by developing and implementing Disaster Risk Reduction activities that simultaneously promote local economic development and generate income. In close collaboration with the Provincial and District Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) the program works with vulnerable smallholder farmers in two sub-districts, namely Lindu and Kulawi in Sigi district to promote livelihood interventions that are more resilient against floods, landslides, droughts, soil erosion and the effects of climate change.
General Position Summary
The driver will provide safe transport services for MC program and support staff in the described AOR (Area of Responsibility). The driver will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Operate MC vehicles as assigned by the supervisor;
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations;
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to transport management;
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc;
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean, and on standby – ready for use at all times;
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office and guesthouse daily workloads;
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned;
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals.
Knowledge and Experience
- Valid driver’s license and experience driving 4×4 vehicles;
- Must respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules;
- Basic understanding of English and fluency in all local languages (Kulawi and Kaili) is required;
- Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
The vacancy will be closed 30 June 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department