Do you want to work with an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact? Do you want to be part of the discussion and get to work towards sustainable forest management with various stakeholders? Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau (YIDH) has an excellent opportunity for two position of Districts Managers to strengthen our landscapes team who will be based in Biak Numfor and Yapen districts, Papua province.
YIDH and Commission for Climate Change and Sustainable Development (KOMDA PIPB) have committed for a project implementation entitled “Building Robust Jurisdictional Strategies and Investment Plans to Reduce Deforestation and Promote Low Emissions Development”. The Project is funded by the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Climate and Environment through the Governors’ Climate and Forests (GCF) Task Force. The funding is channeled through the United Nation Development Program.
The project is designed to allow the sub-national government and key stakeholder to tackle challenges in sustainable forest management by strengthening capacity and supporting stronger collaboration between districts and key agencies in Papua province through an integrated coordination approach, and furthering key pilots at a landscape level. The Program will focus on continuing the support for FMU Biak Numfor and FMU Yapen that aim to improve these FMUs on their long-term forest management plans, business models, and capacity linking to the REDD+ framework.
You will report directly to the Senior Program Manager YIDH Papua Landscape. As Districts Manager, you will be working closely with Window A Papua team, Landscape Papua program team, and Komda PIPB Papua to implement the program. You will be leading and managing all facets of strategic government and stakeholder engagement and being a central liaison for District Government. You will identify program needs, organize events, and develop relevant documents drafts that needed for Window A Program implementation in District level. You will monitor the field level implementation project and maintain communication with the implementing partners.
- Reporting monthly workplans detailing target deliverables and deadlines in district level and bi-weekly progress reports of district level implementation to Project Manager.
- Achieving engagement with local stakeholders in district level and a number of convening works and technical meetings that will support the Window-A.
- Together with other Window-A team members, implementing business model development-related activities:
- Business model development in Biak Numfor and Yapen districts: research and public consultation.
- Training of trainers on business model in Biak-Numfor and Yapen districts.
- Implementing REDD+ framework-related activities:
- REDD+ framework training in Biak Numfor and Yapen districts.
- MRV system and Safeguard training in Biak Numfor and Yapen districts.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Supplying data for program monitoring process to Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, including visual documentation.
- Together with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, evaluating the program.
- Interim and final report of Window-A.
- Publication materials for project.
Who you are
You are a trustworthy experienced sparring partner for internal colleagues and external stakeholders. You are comfortable to engage with senior level government representatives in district level and have networks in governments and multilateral partners, preferably also collaborating with knowledge institutes and civil society. You enjoy collaboration and teamwork, but you are also able to work independently. Working in a results-oriented, flexible, cooperative, and hands-on manner. You know how to drive the process, keep focus and discipline, guide and evolve to a successful planned outcome. Good written and verbal communication skills in English is an absolute requirement for being successful in this role.
What you bring
- Have an advance degree in agriculture social science/development studies, strategic/program management, or related field.
- Have 5+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings and have 5+ years of relevant working experience in Papua. Experience in managing UNDP program is preferable.
- Have experience in implementing programs from scratch and willingness to organizing relevant events for program implementation.
- Have ability to make the link between program design and the needs of program beneficiaries.
- Good knowledge of REDD+ program.
- Have ability and willingness to be located in remote areas in Papua.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide. Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau, a grantee of IDH Sustainable Trade Initiative (“IDH”), accelerates and up-scales sustainable trade by building impact-oriented coalitions of front running companies, civil society, governments, knowledge institutions and other stakeholders in several commodity sectors and landscapes.
What we offer
Yayasan offers a challenging position within a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a Yayasan team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a consulting position based on project timeline.