INSPIRASI Foundation is looking for an experienced and passionate individual as a full-time District Coordinator for INSPIRASI’s next project that focuses on improving school principals’ competency through their working group. The program activities will comprise training through workshops and in-school facilitation support. The project location will be in one sub-district in either Jabodetabek, Central Java, or Eastern Indonesia (deployment will be determined later in the selection/recruitment process).
As a District Coordinator, the individual will be responsible for providing overall coordination and management of the operational aspects at the district level. Additionally, the District Coordinator will play an entrepreneurial role in contributing to the development of INSPIRASI Foundation. She/he will work closely with a small team of social entrepreneurs that is furthering school leadership as a cause or issue. The District Coordinator will report to the INSPIRASI Executive Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide regular information, feedback and reports on implementation progress, challenges and achievements of program activities and the engagement of the stakeholders at district & sub-district levels
- Support the Program Manager(s) in implementing and monitoring the program activities
- Build and engage and positive working relationships with key stakeholders at district and sub-district levels
- Work closely with the Policy & Governance team to provide technical support to local stakeholders in planning and budgeting for improving school principals’ competency at district level
- Understand the challenges of the program implementation at the district level and apply this understanding to develop a strategic plan in engaging the district key stakeholders or related parties;
- Ensure all program activities are managed in accordance with INSPIRASI standard operating procedures
- Provide technical and strategic input on the on-going development of INSPIRASI Foundation and how INSPIRASI can achieve the overarching goals
- Contribute to the knowledge products (e.g. program update/report, brief, articles) for a range of stakeholders to capture INSPIRASI programs activities as required.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required, preferably a master’s degree
- 3-5 years of work experience, at least two years in the education sector required
- Native in Bahasa Indonesia and English literate
- Experience in managing and implementing social programs are highly preferred
- High preference given for candidate knowledgeable of local education contex, policy makers and/or overall context/situation of either Jabodetabek, Central Java, or Eastern Indonesia
Key skills, mindsets, and knowledge to be successful in the role include:
- Growth mindset and can-do attitude to not only deliver job description, but also to help build a startup non-profit as well as to promote the importance of school leadership cause in Indonesia
- Conviction that all school leaders can develop and grow, and dramatically improve learning outcomes of their schools
- Self-awareness, integrity, and dedication to results-orientation
- Ability to thrive in a start-up, fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
- Willingness and ability to give and receive feedback
- Highly organized and motivated with the ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively
Work Location and Remuneration
The candidate will be based in the partnered district but must have the ability to travel to Jakarta as required. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and competitive with the non-profit education sector in Indonesia.
Interested candidates may apply by sending their CV and a cover letter stating how this position aligns with his/her professional experiences and aspirations to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 3rd, 2021 (early applicant is highly preferred).
Please include “Application for District Coordinator_<name>” in the subject line of your email.
About INSPIRASI Foundation
INSPIRASI (Inisiatif Kepemimpinan Pendidikan untuk Raih Prestasi), is an independent and non-profit foundation with goals to help addressing the learning crisis in Indonesia through developing effective school leadership practices. INSPIRASI is affiliated with the Global School Leaders (GSL) network, consists of like-minded initiatives focusing on school leadership development in several countries, such as India, Malaysia and Kenya.
INSPIRASI has begun its work by piloting a 1.5 year continuous professional development program for 25 primary schools (SD and MI) principals and senior teachers of moderate to low performing schools starting in 2019 and runs an on-going pilot that focuses on school principals’ community involving 58 primary schools in Karawang District, West Java. The goal of the pilot will be to develop a model for school leadership development of principals that is impactful on student learning at scale throughout Indonesia and serve as a demonstration model that is relevant for government and education stakeholders.