District Coordinator – POWER 2.0
(Subang, Banyuwangi, Lombok Barat, Lombok Timur, Lombok Tengah, Lampung, North Sumatera and South Suawesi Provinces – Please Specify province in the job application.)
The District Coordinator will support the POWER 2.0 Program Manager to ensure that at least 20,000 smallholder farmers increase productivity, raise their incomes by 20% against baseline measures in POWER 2.0 locations. S/he will lead the program plan, implementation, and monitoring in each district and collaborate with the district government agencies, private sectors, farmer groups/farmer group unions and John Deere Business Partner.
- University degree in Economic, Business, Social Studies, Agriculture or related fields;
- 3-4+ years Agri-based community development experiences, preferably with a focus on agribusiness development;
- Experience in farmer mobilization, conducting economic research, assessments and surveys
- Experience in conducting trainings to farmers on good agriculture and post harvest practices (the resources and content of the trainings will be provided by Mercy Corps)
- Experience using digital data collection tools for monitoring the progress of farmers beneficiaries
- Moderate English and has capability to communicate with the local languages in POWER 2 locations
- Experience worked with local government agencies (particular Agriculture Extension Office) and private sectors;
- Ability to take initiative, to anticipate and solve problems; and to work independently on multiple tasks with limited supervision, to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Computers skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
Vacancy will be closed 18 February 2019 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Indonesia