The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
Digitalisation is transforming the global economy. It is creating new business models, optimising production and revolutionising communication. Balanced and transparent rules will establish legal certainty and fair competition on the internet. Only by aligning these rules internationally can the economy and society truly benefit from the opportunities afforded by digitalisation.
Within the German government, the Federal Ministry for Digital and Transport (BMDV) is the responsible ministry for the topic of digitalization. BMDV engages in Digital Dialogues with important partner countries like Indonesia. Its aim is to shape better conditions for the digital transformation of the economy. BMDV has commissioned GIZ – die Deutsche Gesellschaft für internationale Zusammenarbeit – to support the preparation and implementation of the Digital Dialogue with Indonesia.
As a multi-stakeholder initiative, the Digital Dialogues provide a platform for direct exchange between policy makers, regulators and businesses. They address topics of the future, ranging from internet governance and data policy to the application of emerging technologies and support for innovative start-ups and SMEs in the digital economy.
The regular discussions at government level are prepared and accompanied by multi-stakeholder engagement. They provide an opportunity to share best practices and learn from each other. Current issues can be discussed directly with policy makers. The direct involvement of the business community ensures that political approaches and solutions make good economic sense.
Become part of our vibrant and international team! Work together with political decision-makers and experts in Germany and Indonesia!
GIZ is seeking one motivated and qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Digital Cooperation & Private Sector Development Advisor
(Job title in SAP: Economic Cooperation and Private Sector Development Advisor)
- Advise German and Indonesian ministries as well as business stakeholders on topics related to digitalisation, which are of strategic and political relevance
- Further establish the stakeholder and partner network in Indonesia, especially with Indonesian ministries and public authorities as well as the private sector relevant to the topics mentioned above
- Monitor and analyse developments around digital policy in Indonesia and abroad
- Research for and writing of briefings, political analyses, and technical reports regarding digitalisation policies and related topics
- Organise and implement project activities such as high-level meetings, delegation visits, and expert exchanges
- Contribute actively to reports (regular and ad-hoc), PR materials, and other related tasks to reporting and communication
- Maintaining a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ
In carrying out this role, the incumbent performs the following major functions:
- Professional advisory services
- Advise project partners from administration, politics, business and research on the German and Indonesian side as well as planning and development of topics and projects in Indonesia.
- Design, preparation, implementation and documentation of capacity development, peer exchange and other learning and dialogue activities
- Planning and development of new projects and strategic partnerships with companies, partner countries and international organizations
- Networking, cooperation and communication
- Further establishment of the stakeholder and partner network in Indonesia, especially with Indonesian ministries as well as the private sector and innovation actors relevant to the projects.
- Support the dialogue in a complex multi-Stakeholder environment, involving different political levels as well as the local, regional and international private sector
- Efficient and target-oriented communication with all partners and stakeholders involved
- Ensure alignment with project partners
- Support public relations work for the projects
- Knowledge management
- Facilitate knowledge management and ensure knowledge transfer
- Collect, process and distribute relevant information, monitor communication and interaction between partners and stakeholders involved through inquiring media coverage, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
- Inform him-/herself on the newest developments and digital tools available (e.g., in the field of artificial intelligence, remote sensing, internet-of-things, databases)
- Draw up reports and presentation documents
- Participation in quality and knowledge management
- Dissemination of knowledge products, information materials and other sources of knowledge
- Developing strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
- Management and coordination tasks
- Support professional project and process management of annual and intra-year activities and work processes
- Support coordination of relevant project activities with the partners and stakeholders
- Follow-up with project partners on agreements
- Assist in monitoring of the project progress, the activities and the budget, drafts report and documents on the progress
- Compile the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
- Contribute to developing and organising quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives
- Actively work together with short-term experts assigned to projects/programmes to ensure the completion of their tasks
- Other duties/additional tasks
- perform other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with possible specialization on digitalization, digital innovation, data science/engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in international economic cooperation or public / private consulting in digital policy
- Experience in policy advocacy and/or political advisory and/or international cooperation preferably between Indonesia and Germany/ EU
- Good knowledge of key Indonesian policies and stakeholders around digital and economic policy, demonstrated through work experience with an Indonesian ministry or relevant organisations
- Experience in working with start-ups and the Indonesian innovation ecosystem is of advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English, knowledge of German is considered a strong asset
- Ability and willingness to work in dynamic teams
- Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to cooperate effectively with colleagues and partners across projects
- High affinity to new digital trends and their likely impact on policy
- Diplomatic and communication skills, esp. on politically sensitive issues and strong intercultural competence
- High level of cooperation and coordination skills
- Moderation and networking skills as well as high management competence and self-motivation
- Strong intercultural competence and communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of ICT technologies (related to software and online technologies for the work environment), Excel and other computer applications (e.g. MS Office, MS Teams);
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Head of Digital Dialogue
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter, comprehensive resume and copy of educational certificate (including training and list of references) as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 12th, 2023, with subject line Digital Dialogue – Private Sector Advisor.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.