An Opportunity for leadership
Systemiq, along with our partners, has built a bold, outcomes-driven program that measurably reduces ocean plastic pollution where it matters most. Together with the government, we build circular, sustainable waste systems that result in cleaner, more thriving communities and a healthier environment. Now it is time to take this program to the next level, graduating from Kecamatan to full regencies and beyond.
Ultimately, we envision an Indonesia without plastic pollution. A country with clean, modern waste management for every household and business. We are looking for smart, ambitious, innovative leaders to join us in this ambitious work.
- If you have a passion for the ocean and putting your time and skill set to the highest good…
- If you’re passionate about building a circular economy…
- If you see the destruction of precious ecosystems and no longer want to sit on the side-lines…
- If you have an analytical background and are motivated by solving complex problems and systems work…
- If you yearn to work with fellow passionate, smart leaders committed to building a better future in Indonesia and South East Asia…
- If you are eager for your career to have real impact, where your actions produce direct, measurable results in people’s lives and for nature…
… then this job may be for you.
With offices in London, Munich, São Paulo, Amsterdam, Jakarta and Bali, Systemiq is an organisation driving system change in clean energy, circular material solutions and sustainable land use. By addressing failures in these areas, Systemiq aims to unlock economic opportunities that benefit business, society and the environment.
In order to deliver in these areas, we recruit and develop distinctive and varied individuals who strive to achieve our mission, challenge the status quo and act as change leaders.
Banyuwangi Hijau, an initiative of Banyuwangi Government to realized clean regency through comprehensive waste management system, was launched on February 21, 2022. Banyuwangi Hijau is coordinated by Chief of Staff of Banyuwangi Regency with support from a working group to coordinate across sectors within the regency office. The program consists of four key workstreams, i.e. governance, waste system, behaviour change communication (BCC), and innovative financing.
The governance workstream aims to ensure the design of the program is in line with local government planning and strategic targets. We have reviewed existing policies and strategy at regency level to understand the current regulatory gaps that must be addressed to ensure optimum empowerment, both towards the regency government, the village government, and local communities.
Additionally, the governance workstream ensures cross agencies involvement in executing the program, which will be facilitated by a cross agencies working group. The working group also acts as the bridge of communication and coordination with key stakeholders outside the regency government.
Lastly, the governance workstream as an integral part of the Banyuwangi Hijau program, needs to support other components in delivering the program. There is a regular meeting to ensure close alignment across the components.
Please see details below
Systemiq is looking for individual with a strong record of excellence and achievement. You have proven yourself in different contexts and are keen to work in a young, innovative company where you can get involved in a variety of work, shape the business and make maximum impact. You are passionate about our mission and approach to system change. Your background includes working within teams to inspire hard-to-change behaviours and new habit setting. Specifically, you have:
- Having 10+ years experiences working in government relation, government facilitation, regency regulations dan planning formulation
- Qualification in sector(s) relevant to the project (e.g. waste management, business or public sector management, communication, environmental, social science or economics)
- Strong analytical skills and able to demonstrate a comprehensive systemic thinking
- Strong facilitation, problems solving , and negotiation skills
- Can demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal relationship skills
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Able to demonstrate positive attitude and productive approaches towards challenges in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Bahasa Indonesian
- Having good professional ethics and values
- Willingness to live in Banyuwangi during assignment
Location: Banyuwangi, East Java
Application deadline: 31/10/23
Start date: 1/12/23 or as available
If you are interested, please click on the link below to apply