Management and communications
• Support the Director in their establishment of an organizational vision for AI Indonesia that is aligned with AI’s Strategic Goals and which inspires and motivates internal and external stakeholders
• Use political judgment and expertise to advise and support the Director and broader management group on AI’s substantive human rights work in the country, including emerging issues, trends and crisis situations
• Supervise the staff and other resources to ensure their most effective use, in line with agreed priorities and policies.
• Promote an organizational culture of integration across programmes and manage the effective integration of relevant staff from the International Secretariat and other offices
• Support the Director when in absence to engage with AI’s external including to media and government officials on field missions, and in contacts with NGOs, IGOs, and academic and policy research institutes; and wider global Amnesty International entities in developing and communicating messages aimed at influencing the appropriate audience and to identify and capitalize on opportunities for co-operation, information-sharing and problem solving.
Program and advocacy management and strategic oversight
• Manage the development and implementation of human rights Program (research, campaign, growth, communication) and advocacy action plans on Indonesia, in line with globally agreed priorities and strategies
• Lead and/or manage field work in order to ensure that political, strategic, technical and security concerns are reviewed and adequately mitigated
• Provides sustained and embedded support to all AI Indonesia programme through mentoring, training and facilitating trainings on AI’s program standards, embedding transfer of skills, knowledge and networks. Monitors the implementation of these standards and adopts strategies for achieving adherence where gaps are identified.
• Research management and ensure integration of research, campaign, growth and community engagement, communication and action in order to provide an effective, coherent programme of work which delivers tangible outcomes for human rights in conformity with AI’s mission and consistent with its priorities, strategies and standards
• Oversee the implementation of AI Indonesia’s Membership & Growth Strategy Quality Assurance and Reporting
• Responsible for the quality of research, campaign, growth, communication and advocacy outputs, working closely with originators to ensure that program strategy is sound and focused, key methodology, legal and policy issues are addressed, and that the evidence, analysis and conclusions make a compelling case for change
• Ensure compliance with globally developed quality assurance and impact assessment methodologies to ensure that activities meet the organizational standards of timeliness, accuracy, consistency, balance, independence and impartiality
• Ensure the identification and sharing of best practice models and timely reporting against key performance indicators of the entity that measure human rights impact in Indonesia
• Ensure that the team report with sufficient clarity and detail on the impact of their work, including to funders Ensure the timely delivery of agreed plans
• Ensure all outputs go through appropriate law and policy review
- Non-profit Organization Management