Deputy Chief of Party
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 50 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party
FHI 360 is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for an upcoming civil society strengthening project in Indonesia. The project will focus on capacity development of civil society organizations to improve governance and service delivery at the district level and below.
Indonesian nationals are especially encouraged to apply.
The DCOP will support the COP in overseeing project implementation and will have provide technical and management leadership. The Deputy Chief of Party will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia and s/he must be willing to travel to other provinces as required.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
• Provide technical and management leadership, develop technical strategies and oversee
the design and implementation of the technical assistance to grantees and stakeholders.
• Oversee the quality of all technical aspects of the Project, including the management of subcontractors and short-term consultants.
• Assist with the management, development and monitoring of PI work plans and budgets; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance for interventions.
• Perform other duties assigned by the COP and represents the project in the absence of the COP.
• Master’s degree in international development, education, monitoring and evaluation methodologies or a related field required;
• Minimum 7 years of experience required in the design, management and implementation of international development projects;
• Demonstrated experience required in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for
the successful implementation of programs required.
Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance required.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia required.