Position Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Job Family: Program
Job Code: PROG11001
Job Band: MM
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID Tuberculosis Private Sector Activity in Indonesia. The goal of this activity is to increase and improve the diagnosis, notification, and successful treatment of tuberculosis (TB) by leveraging and utilizing private sector platforms.
- Lead the finance and operations and strategic information/M&E teams, ensuring effective systems and functions, donor and FHI 360 compliance, and data/information quality.
- Support COP to manage project, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities; monitor project deliverables and activities; and ensure deliverables are accurately completed within deadlines.
- Provides leadership to technical and program staff to ensure that activities are carried out according to the workplan in timely matter and deliver high quality results.
- Provides support to sub-award management ensuring compliance with organization policies and procedures and donor regulations.
- Work with COP, technical leads, and project team to contribute to Annual Work Plans and monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports, providing input and review.
- Provide guidance, training and mentorship to staff on different aspects related to their professional development and to achieve project goals.
- Works in close collaboration with Finance and Operations Director to ensure that activities are implemented on schedule and within budget, and to keep operations team up-to-date with technical developments for planning and projection purposes.
- Works in close collaboration with the Strategic Information lead to ensure data are routinely collected, reported, used and verified for quality.
- Serve as back up to the COP, work as Acting COP in the COP’s absence, and support COP in donor requested tasks and deliverables.
- Prepares and monitors approved budgets for assigned activities.
- Approves all expenditures relating to budgets.
- Serve as secondary POC for FHI 360 with USAID/Indonesia representatives.
- Provides technical assistance through support for technical officers to review consultant reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- The DCOP will, as requested by the COP, represent the project with external stakeholders including National TB Program, in meetings.
- Provides supportive guidance and supervision to technical and program staff, and consultants who are charged to implement programs within the assigned area of expertise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, management, or related field with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree in public health, management, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in successfully implementing tuberculosis programming that has delivered results.
- Demonstrated experience managing diverse teams and working collaboratively across teams.
- Demonstrated experience in using analytical tools to assess progress and adjust delivery.
- Previous experience as a DCOP on a large complex donor-funded project strongly preferred.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Experienced problem-solver, proven ability to develop effective systems
- Solid interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills with different stakeholders including NTP, MoH, other donor agencies and technical bodies
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Able to work effectively in a highly collaborative team
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent Bahasa and English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Interested candidate please submit your CV to FHI 360 career portal with the link below by the latest 9th May 2021:
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.