RTI International’s Global Health Division is currently accepting applications for a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded tuberculosis (TB) activity in Indonesia. The new project will assist Indonesia in accelerating achievement toward its 2030 TB elimination targets by improving the quality of TB prevention, care, and treatment for all TB patients. The project will focus on increasing access to quality, integrated, patient-centered TB care, optimizing TB preventive therapy preventing the progression of disease, and strengthening TB service delivery platforms.
The Deputy Chief of Party will have primary responsibility for overseeing, supporting, and mentoring the technical teams to achieve the project’s stated goals to accelerate TB elimination. With the Chief of Party (COP), the Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for ensuring that the overall technical direction and interventions under the project are strategic, coherent, consistent and represent the best evidence to advance TB elimination. The position will be based in Jakarta. Position is contingent upon award and funding.
- In close collaboration with the COP, provide technical direction and leadership of the project. Collaborative and creatively utilize the skills of the program team to implement cutting-edge strategies to rapidly increase at-scale TB prevention, case detection, and management interventions across all project areas.
- Support the design of contextualized strategies to better engage communities and increase provision of community-based TB services.
- Expand partnerships with the private and non-profit sectors to increase engagement around TB elimination strategies.
- Assist to design and oversee strategies to build technical and organizational capacities of counterparts to sustain TB elimination efforts.
- Ensure consistent use of data to guide decision making and support project teams to translate research and evidence into practice.
- Oversees and coordinates the roll out of technical strategies across decentralized project teams.
- Takes a leadership role in work planning and implementation of program activities by working in close collaboration with the COP and ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensures coordination and collaboration with other USAID implementing partners and cross-sector programs, as appropriate, at the subnational level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical degree with additional experience in public health, including a focus on tuberculosis, infectious diseases, or other related area with at least 12 years’ experience. Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the core technical areas of the project (i.e., diagnostics, clinical management, health systems for TB).
- Demonstrated experience in international health programming, including at least 5 years’ experience in senior level management positions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the GOI’s TB control efforts at national and provincial levels, including experience working with the Ministry of Health and the National TB Program to design, support or manage interventions to detect, diagnose, or manage TB and MDR TB.
- Demonstrated credibility as a leader on matters of designing, implementing, and strengthening TB services with a focus on capacity building of local stakeholders and health governance.
- Demonstrated ability to support cross-sectoral programming and build partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively engaging partners and managing multi-partner collaboration in the field.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with USAID, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Ability to develop a common vision among partners and lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
- Possesses the required oral, written communication, presentations skills in English.
- Citizens/nationals of Indonesia are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. This position is contingent upon award and funding. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Please apply directly to the following link:
Deputy Chief of Party, USAID Accelerate TB Elimination in Indonesia in Jakarta | Careers at Region-Asia; All Locations (icims.com)