Issue Date: 6 June 2018 Closing Date: 26 June 2018
Vacancy Notice No: WR/INO/18/11 – SSA
Title: Data Manager for Management Information System (MIS) of Lymphatic Filariasis, Schistosomiasis, and Deworming Programmes
Duty Station: The Office of Sub-Directorate of Lymphatic Filariasis & Helminthiasis, Directorate of Vector Borne and Zoonotic Disease Control, Directorate General Diseases Prevention and Control, Ministry of Health – RI, Jl. Percetakan Negara No.29, Jakarta Pusat
Post No.: (GSM Position No) N/A
Organizational Location: WHO Country Office – Indonesia, Jakarta
Grade: Level A (SSA – technical function)
Duration: 9 months
Contract type: National Consultant (Special Service Agreement – SSA)
Annual salary: In accordance with WHO salary scale for Technical Function at A Level step 1
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
To provide the required technical support and assistance on monitoring and evaluation activities and maintenance of current Management Information System for Lymphatic Filariasis (LF), STH, and Schistosomiasis programmes.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of Technical Officer – NTD, as well as in coordination/collaboration with the Ministry of Health, and also broad guidance of the WHO Representative to Indonesia, the incumbent will work as follows:
- Support Ministry of Health in the adoption, implementation, and acceleration of global programme to eliminate lymphatic filariasis and regional strategic plan for integrated neglected tropical diseases control in SEAR through development and maintenance of LF, STH, and Schistosomiasis information system;
- Further develop current LF, STH, and Schistosomiasis information system in order to accommodate more advance data management system;
- Provide support for the maintenance of LF, STH, and Schistosomiasis MIS server
- Assist National Programme to monitor data collection from province and district level for LF, STH, and schistosomiasis MDA campaign, result of prevalence surveys and TAS, and any other surveys related to the diseases
- Assist National Programme and WHO Country Office for Indonesia for data collection and reporting from national to regional and global level, including the submission of Joint Application Packages.
- Perform any other tasks pertaining to the National Programme as required by the WHO Representative to Indonesia and/or the Technical Officer for NTDs.
The SSA holder works intensively with Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) Programme WHO Country Office for Indonesia and Sub-Directorate of Filariasis & Helminthiasis and responds to any queries from WHO-SEARO, WHO-HQ, and donors/partners as needed by programme.
The consultant attends relevant meetings as facilitator, organizer or other relevant functions relevant to its scope of work. She/ he also does consultations and discussions with Sub-Directorate of Filariasis & Helminthiasis and relevant partners when necessary.
To enable to work efficiently and effectively, the consultant should refer to available documents relevant to provide necessary technical assistances for WHO and Ministry of Health.
Development of progress and final report
This document will serve as a reference and documentation for WHO and National Programmes, and one of performance evaluation tools.
Expected Result and Reporting
- Under direct supervision of the Technical Officer for NTD and the National Consultant for NTDs in WHO Country Office, the candidate is responsible for the daily monitoring and improvement of NTDs Management Information System.
- In collaboration with NTDs Programme in WHO Country Office and Government Authorities, to maintain sound internal controls, supportive of specific NTDs interventions as well as to ensure accountability
- The selected candidate should also complete and submit transparent and timely achievement report in the end of the contract period to WHO Country Office.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, ETC.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Knowing and managing Yourself
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
Familiarity with MOH surveillance, recording, and reporting system would be an asset
Essential: First level university degree in medicine or medical science
Desirable: Advanced Public Health or Medical degree majoring in biostatistics or health information or related field with additional training in public health area.
Essential: At least one (1) to three (3) years of professional work experiences in the field of public health, preferably Neglected Tropical Diseases area such as lymphatic filariasis, deworming, and schistosomiasis
Desirable: Experiences working in the UN or other international development organization and field work experiences would be asset
Languages: Written and oral fluency in English and native language skills in Bahasa Indonesia
Other Skills (e.g. IT): Work is performed in normal working environment;
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED