Position Title: Data Management Associate
Type: Service Contract
The Data Management Associate will report to the Project Manager and Programme Specialist for Population and Development and provide assistance for the management of data collection and reporting activities for the project “‘Leaving No One Behind’ COVID-19 Responses for Vulnerable Women and Older Persons in Indonesia”. The incumbent will also support BNPB in the implementation and monitoring of the agreed work plan through good coordination between BNPB and BPS-Statistics Indonesia in the achievement of Indonesia One Disaster Data under daily guidance from the GIS and Humanitarian Data Programme Analyst at the UNFPA Country Office.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Data Management Associate will provide assistance for the management of data collection and reporting activities of the project by managing data inputs, developing real-time monitoring mechanisms to ensure the Project team has reliable and up-to-date data on project implementation. In collaboration with M&E officers, s/he supports the Project Team and UNFPA’s implementing partners in choosing indicators for monitoring, reviewing data collection tools, and operationalizing project monitoring systems.
Moreover, the incumbent will also support BNPB in the implementation and monitoring of the agreed work plan through good coordination between BNPB and BPS-Statistics Indonesia in the achievement of Indonesia One Disaster Data. S/he will work with the current GIS and Humanitarian Data Programme Analyst at the UNFPA Country Office.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support the provision of Policy Advice and Strategic Technical Guidance to project partners.
- Support to the project implementation and management of the National Disaster Management Board (BNPB).
- Provides support to monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Support the provision of policy advice and strategic technical guidance to project, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collect, collate, clean and process information and perform data quality and consistency control for the Project, including development and administration of the project dashboard.
- Support in compilation of disaster and project-related data and statistics for various reports
- Assist the on-going participatory appraisal of the performance and progress of the programme, identify bottlenecks and propose actions to remedy the problem.
- Provide a regular report on data-related COVID-19 humanitarian progress, challenges and options for solutions to UNFPA and related government officials.
Support to the project implementation and management of the National Disaster Management Board (BNPB), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the management of data collection and reporting activities of the project by managing data inputs, developing real-time monitoring mechanisms to ensure the Project team has reliable and up-to-date data on project implementation.
- Support the BNPB in preparing the conduct of annual Performance Report (APR)/ Project Implementation Review (PIR), Mid-term and terminal Project Reports.
- Support the BNPB the implementation and monitoring work plan through good coordination with BPS-Statistics Indonesia in the achievement of Indonesia One Disaster Data.
Provides support to monitoring and evaluation of the project focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the monitoring and analysis of the project environment, propose readjustments in project implementation.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the project impact
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Document lessons learned and best practices in the area of data in humanitarian.
- Provide logistical support to projects related workshops and events in close coordination with IPs
- Contribute to quality control for knowledge products to be developed and applied within the data-related work plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Geospatial Information, Information Technology, Information Management, and/or related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum 4 (four) years of relevant work experience in managing data and information management
- Experience in the use of geospatial technology and InaSafe for an emergency response to disasters
- Experience in processing population data to produce information on people affected by the disaster;
- Experience in conducting rapid needs assessment during disaster emergency response
- Experience working with Government in disaster emergency response
- Fluency in oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Have expertise in operating database processing software such as Microsoft Excel, Access database, SQL server database.
- Having GIS and SQL certification is an advantage
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Business acumen
- Implementing management systems
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Managing data, information and workflow
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.