DAI is seeking qualified candidates for the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer position on a project addressing labor exploitation in the ASEAN region. This will be a full-time position based in Jakarta, Indonesia with an anticipated start on or about February 15th, 2022.
The MEL Officer will be responsible for the implementation of all project monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities, including data collection, monitoring, reporting, and providing cross-cutting support as needed. The MEL Officer will be responsible for drafting, monitoring, and reporting on the Comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (CMEP) S/he will provide support for the information management, including developing program indicators, capturing data and results, and helping the Project Director to report on project status and progress toward achievement of key results.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for the implementation and annual updating of the project’s Comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (CMEP) and for maintaining integrity of project data and M&E systems and processes;
- Ensure that M&E protocols are in place and adhered to for all project activities, effectively measuring agreed upon outputs, outcomes, and impact;
- Manage the processes for data collection, management, analysis and reporting for inclusion in quarterly reports and other project documents;
- Ensure information is collected and entered accurately into relevant databases;
- Analyze indicator results in the context of the project Work Plan and provide strategies to improve project performance;
- Update data and documents within the Technical and Administrative Management Information System (TAMIS) for project planning, reporting, and knowledge management;
- Ensure gender, youth and minority considerations are integrated into all project activities, drawing upon the latest DOL-ILAB guidance;
- Provide ongoing staff training on M&E, data collection, survey protocol, and data quality;
- Support the Project Director to facilitate internal and external communications about program results against agreed upon indicators;
- Alert the Project Director in the case of any concerns with regards to the integrity of project data or practices; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Director
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Bachelor’s or master’s degree plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally managed evaluations.
- Fluency in English is required.
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information and upload CV. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.