The Conversation Indonesia Research Leaders Program is looking for a Creative Content Creator. The position offered an 18-months contract.
We are looking for a candidate who will create and manage content for The Conversation Research Leaders Program.
About the Conversation Indonesia
The Conversation Indonesia is a non-profit media outlet that produces and publishes evidence-based news and analysis from academics and researchers on our online platform, social media channels, and through podcasts and email newsletters. All of our content is free to read and republish. We provide training for academics to increase their capacity to become a public voice. We share knowledge from the research sector with the public to improve public debate and to promote the use of evidence in policymaking in Indonesia and the region.
Founded in 2017, we are part of a global network spread across five continents that provides a new journalism model, a unique collaboration between academics and journalists sustained through partnerships with the higher education and research sector, private philanthropy, governments, corporations, and support from readers.
About the Research Leaders Program
TCID will pilot a one-year research leadership program for 30 high-potential Indonesian emerging research leaders working in marine science, climate change, health and medicine, and community resilience to develop and amplify their talent and leadership capacities. During the program, there will be workshops, coaching, mentors, dialogues, among other activities that will ensure engagement and deepening the participants’ awareness of self and others, increasing their capacity to lead, take calibrated risks, collaborate with other scientists and diverse stakeholders, communicate and influence decision-makers and the general public, as well as strengthened their strategic thinking and innovation skills, increasing their capacity to win grants, publish articles, and build their public profile.
The program will help position TCID to better serve the needs of Indonesia’s scientific community – our source of authors. The fellowship program and our editorial work and outreach to partners in the knowledge sector will strengthen our relationship with stakeholders that share the agenda to increase Indonesia’s research impact in society.
- Produce and manage communication material for TCID Research Leaders Program channel in line with communications strategies and plans. It includes graphic design for posters, banners, books/booklet, photo stories, and video production
- Keeping up with developing trends online, digital and social media communications
- Identifying opportunities for the TCID Research Leaders Program engagement and TCID brand awareness.
- Constantly work towards improving the contents and materials for the TCID Research Leaders Program
- Work closely with the Program team and communication team functions to ensure the best promotion, treatment and distribution of materials and features.
- Contributes to operational planning, systems, processes, delivery and reporting
- Occasionally, support other programs of The Conversation Indonesia
- Creative, well-articulate, critical, and strategic thinking
- Self-starter and independent
- Great time management and highly organised
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Interested in the research and education sector
- Tech-savvy with experience in developing visual design/content plan and creative communications material production
- Understanding in graphic design
- Mastering design, animation software (Adobe After Effects, Photoshop/Illustrator), and various design software. Skills in animation and video editing is an advantage
- Familiarity with social media platforms, materials and contents
- Professional proficiency in English