Creative Campaign Officer for The Urban Social Forum
The Urban Social Forum (USF) is an annual, open and free forum organized by Kota Kita and its civil society partners. It brings together civil society members, social activists, experts, organizations, students, member of communities, and citizens to discuss and participate in a critical debate about the direction of Indonesia’s urban development. Year after year, the USF grows, in doing so it expands the conversation about better cities to include more meaningful citizen participation, people, and communities.
The Urban Social Forum seeks to appoint a campaign officer to be based in Solo City to work on the planning and execution of this year’s Forum in Solo, December 2018. The ideal candidate will be an eager and excited campaign officer with technical proficiency in creative textual (verbal and non-verbal) communication and visual communication, also other areas of production, in the planning and execution of the forum.
Duration of work: August 2018- January 2019 (with possibilities of extension as a permanent staff of Kota Kita)
• Working with Project Manager to develop USF communication strategy and plan
• Plan, write, and publish copy for promotional materials. Materials including visual contents for social media post and website content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
• To write reports and prepare documentations (to support translation into Bahasa Indonesia) • To develop media partnership plan and proposal for national media and local media.
• To manage good relationship with the media for story coverage, writing press releases, and mobilization of journalists to the forum.
• Deliver regular reports of campaign results, including social weekly/monthly website analysis and evaluation of the USF’s campaign targets (panels, partners, registrations)
• To support with coordination and liaison with stakeholders involved in the USF, including civil society organizations, local partners, and event organizers
• An ideal candidate must be Solo-based or willing to relocate to Solo during the duration of work
• Have interest and knowledge in urban and social issues. Affinity for the Urban Social Forum’s mission and are driven by a strong motivation and eagerness to contribute to real social change.
• Have creativity, outgoing personality, willing and eager to try
• Working experience is not required but having one, in particular with social campaign, communication, and copywriting, design for another similar event/website and use of social media, is preferable • Know how to reach target groups through innovative and conventional media
• Innovative and flexible and able to work in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and international partners
• Excellent writing and organizational skills
• Strong communication (text and oral) in Bahasa Indonesia and English
• Able to use design software; i.e. Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Familiar with social media management and content planning; i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Bachelor degree in Social Science or other relevant fields, including Communication, Sociology, Visual Communication or Bachelor degree in Urban Planning
What we offer