Church World Service (CWS) Country Representative: Indonesia and Timor-Leste
Location : Jakarta, Indonesia
Status. : National
Line Manager : Asia Regional Director
Program unit : Development and Humanitarian Assistance (DHA)
Based in Jakarta, Indonesia, CWS is seeking a Country Representative for its Indonesia and Timor Leste country office. The Country Representative is part of the CWS Asia Regional team and its programs in Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar and Thailand, and Japan.
Church World Service is a faith-based organization supporting communities around the globe to transform themselves with just and sustainable responses to hunger, poverty, displacement, and disaster. DHA is the program unit within CWS responsible for global humanitarian and sustainable development programs and partnerships. DHA U.S.-based leadership and team works collaboratively with CWS regional and country offices around the world.
Church World Service does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Reporting to the Asia Regional Director (RD) the Country Representative (CR) for Indonesia and Timor-Leste leads CWS development programs and humanitarian assistance action to achieve CWS global aims and objectives. The CR oversees CWS operations in Indonesia and Timor-Leste; maintains positive relationships with key stakeholders in both countries; works in partnership with regional and headquarters colleagues to seek donor support to sustain and expand CWS work; identifies opportunities for regional and headquarters (HQ) engagement and support in program implementation, and shares information about Indonesia and Timor-Leste programs with key CWS constituencies, including donors.
Education | A Bachelor’s degree in related field is required; Masters degree in a field relevant to development and humanitarian and/or management is highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, communication written and verbal English, facilitation and organizational development and computer skills.
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership/management role in a humanitarian or development organization
- Proven management success for (1) program/project, (2) finance, (3) operations, including safety and security, and (4) personnel, including staff wellness and supervision.
- Experience supporting project/program partners in development and humanitarian contexts.
- Demonstrated experience working with government, community, international and local NGOs and partners.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing, and monitoring disaster and emergency response programs.
- Proven ability to build and sustain networks, donor relationship for fundraising and revenues growth.
- Commitment to ecumenical cooperation in line with CWS mission and commitments
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel extensively and often to remote project sites and regionally in Asia.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia (preferred).
- Candidates must be eligible / authorized to work in Indonesia.
How to Apply
CWS has established an electronic application management system. For more information about this position and apply on line click here Info & Apply . Early application is encouraged as we will review applications through the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.