The Country Director will be based in Sumatra Selatan, where he/she will lead the HRNS Indonesia country programme, overseeing a committed team of 24 field and admin staff that currently serve about 15,000 farming families in coffee growing areas of Sumatra Selatan in a bid to improve their livelihoods and environmental footprint.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project cycle and strategic management
- Donor relationships, project development and fund raising
- Team leadership and human resources management
- Financial oversight
- Liaising with, and reporting to, HRNS HQ in Hamburg, Germany
A flexible, well-organised team player and creative conceptual thinker who can assume responsibility and act independently, and who is purpose-driven and focussed on achieving results and impact. Further qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant leadership experience in agricultural and/or rural development programmes/projects, ideally for iNGOs, international organisations, or donor agencies.
- Strong expertise in at least two of the following topics: Agricultural extension; Capacity building; Smallholder coffee farming; Climate change; Organizational development; Agricultural value chains; Rural livelihoods, incl. Youth and Gender issues; MEAL; Participatory Action Research; Networking & building strategic partnerships.
- Experience in Indonesia is a very strong asset, while pragmatic experience with the Indonesian smallholder coffee sector is a significant advantage.
- Self-initiative, and strong communication and reporting skills.
- Accustomed and willing to work under pressure, and to live and work under basic conditions in a remote, rural area.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in English; proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia, or willingness to learn, is a very strong asset.