CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
In the context of CBM’s Federation Strategy and new Operating Model aiming at increasing the programmatic impact and its overall effectiveness and efficiency as an international organisation, we are creating a new leadership position at the country level in Indonesia as:
Main objective of the role:
The Country Director will deliver CBM’s Disability and Inclusive Development work in the country. As such the job holder will be responsible and accountable for leading the development and effective implementation of CBM’s country plan and its operational requirements within a country, ensuring high quality performance and alignment with CBM’s federation strategy. The Country Director takes responsibility for strong financial discipline within the Country Office and for ensuring with partners that they are meeting and fulfilling CBM’s programmatic, operational and financial requirements. The Country Director identifies programme opportunities and areas where the organisation can demonstrate its value and relevance. The Country Director promotes the CBM vision and country plan to external stakeholders. This includes developing effective relations with other organisations, representing CBM to partners, local and national governments, other development organisations and voluntary agencies, as well as in-country media, donor agencies and local communities to influence the country’s development agenda towards inclusion and poverty alleviation. The Country Director establishes a high quality CBM team in the country.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the country plan
- Identify suitable organisations for new partnerships and manage relationships with existing CBM partners
- Oversee the financial management at country level, ensuring compliance with CBM finance standards
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the advocacy components of the country plan
- Promote the organisation and its mission to local partners and authorities
- Provide leadership and develop national and expatriate staff at the country office
- Actively support partners to develop and deliver quality projects and programmes in line with need and capacity, and with Country Plan objectives
We are looking for someone who has…
- A passion to make a difference for improving the life of people with disabilities
- A relevant academic degree (Social sciences, international development…)
- Professional experience of at least 5 years at a senior management level in a large national or international NGO
- Proven experience in the programmatic and financial management of large project portfolios
- Proven experience in building and managing effective partnerships
- Excellent people management skills
- A high degree personal credibility and diplomacy
- Significant experience in strategic planning and project cycle management
- Significant experience in capacity building, organisational development and change management
- Experience in the field of social inclusion with disability or inclusion would be a plus
- Bahasa Indonesia Language Skills or Willingness to learn if the applicant is of another nationality
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.