The anticipated, four-year USAID-funded HARMONI activity will promote tolerance and inclusion and reduce the risk of violent extremism in Indonesia. HARMONI will focus support on interventions that narrowly target communities and individuals most at risk of radicalization, with an explicit mandate to build the resilience of key Indonesian institutions – government, civil society, religious, and community-based – that represent the frontline in preventing violent extremism in Indonesia. The project will focus on at-risk communities and vulnerable population groups.
*This position is open to Indonesian nationals only*
The CVE Advisor will provide technical input on overall program strategy to MSI and its project partners to design and implement a set of activities targeting the project’s objectives. S/he will report to the Chief of Party. This position will require travel within Indonesia.
- Work with the COP and program staff to formulate program strategy and identify pilot activities and potential grantees.
- Provide CVE-specific training and guidance to program staff and local partners.
- Build constructive relationships with local CVE prevention partners and experts.
- Design and conduct research activities to support the achievement of CVE program objectives. Provide regular political analysis and contribute to strategic discussions and rolling assessments with USAID and local partners.
- Assist the M&E Officer as needed in the development of M&E tools and approaches to ensure these are CVE responsive and that continuous learning is incorporated in program planning.
- Undertake travel to target regions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a social science or other relevant field; a Master’s degree in a relevant field is desired by not required
- 10 years of relevant experience in conflict mitigation and peacebuilding, improving social cohesion and social harmony, strengthening civic participation, inclusion and strengthening democratic values. Two years of CVE experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with at-risk communities and youth required.
- Demonstrated experience presenting ideas to stakeholders including donors and government officials.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Bahasa.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.