Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area – GIZ International Services – is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients. Our Private Sector Clients team works at the dynamic interface between the private sector and international cooperation.
As part of a new project in Indonesia, we are developing innovative concepts to strengthen regional waste management systems and expand existing plastic waste value chains. The aim of the project “Bersih Indonesia” is to sustainably reduce the plastic waste leakage into the environment by improving the waste management systems of Malang. The pilot phase in Malang will be followed by two scale-up projects in the regencies of Magelang and Sukabumi. In cooperation with regional authorities, the project seeks to improve the collection and treatment of municipal waste through systemic concepts and infrastructural measures, thereby reducing the harmful impact of waste on the environment. The development of regional waste strategies will be supported by a comprehensive monitoring approach of regional (plastic) waste streams and innovative business and financing models involving all relevant stakeholders. The long-term success of the measures is to be additionally ensured by the establishment of regional public waste management authorities.
The contract and procurement professional is responsible for developing the procurement and contracting capacities in partner institutions and providing quality assurance for contract and procurement processes.
- Quality assurance and supervision of procurement processes for local partner institutions;
- Transfer knowledge of subcontracting processes to local partner institutions;
- Develop and establish procurement and contracting guidelines;
- Support local partner institutions to set-up efficient structures for procurement and contracting processes;
- Support local partner institutions with capacity development for procurement processes;
- Conduct trainings in local partner institutions enabling them to:
- Procure goods, materials, and equipment locally; issue invitations to tender and process orders in accordance with relevant regulations;
- Accept goods, inspect delivery and ensure documentation of receipts;
- Contact suppliers of defective goods delivered and arrange necessary follow-ups;
- Arrange for the safe transfer of goods to their destination (arrange and coordinate the safe transshipment of deliveries to the requesting project and ensures written confirmation of delivery).
- Completed university degrees, ideally in economy sciences or a comparable qualification;
- At least 7 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- Experience in working with local authorities;
- Experience in conducting capacity development activities/trainings;
- Very good understanding of contract and procurement processes and laws in general and in particular in the programmatic context of the project;
- Working experience with GIZ is an asset;
- In depth knowledge of relevant softwares;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technology (i.e. related software, telephone, fax, email, internet, etc.) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in the handling of data and information;
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral;
- Must be highly adaptable, proactive and have the ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent numerical and communication skills;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures to be agreed with management.
Duty Station: Malang
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to email@example.com by May 5th, 2021 with subject line BI – CPP
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified