Exciting opportunities for climate change consultants in Indonesia
OPM’s Climate, Resilience, and Sustainability Practice works across a wide range of issues, including climate policy, climate financing, disaster risk management, natural resources, and renewable energy. Drawing on our staff based across our global offices, we implement projects that span the policy cycle.
Through our Indonesia office, OPM is delivering the FCDO-funded four year programme on Low Carbon Development in Indonesia (LCDI2) to provide support in setting Indonesia on a low-carbon development pathway. Other recent climate change programmes include the delivery of a GIZ-funded project to develop and implement Capacity Development Action Plan for the Mekong River Commission within four countries in Southeast Asia, and delivering the monitoring, evaluation and learning services for UK Partnering for Accelerated Climate Transitions (UK PACT) for several countries including Malaysia and Indonesia.
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to hire three full time staff to be part of the Climate, Resilience, and Sustainability (CRS) Practice based in the Indonesia office. These roles will be part of the global CRS practice, contributing to project delivery, technical advisory work, business development and strategy delivery. The roles will also work closely with the LCDI2 programme, providing advice and management to the delivery of the programme, as well as other projects in Indonesia, Southeast Asia and more widely.
We are interested in hearing from applicants with expertise and experience in any of the following:
- Climate policy and planning
- Climate financing
- Energy policy
- Green growth and jobs
- Nature and environment
- Blue carbon and marine conservation
We’re looking for applicants at different stages of their career – Assistant Consultant, Consultant, and Senior Consultant. We seek applicants who are enthusiastic, keen to challenge themselves and want to further develop themselves and our climate change work in Southeast Asia. As a guide, applicants will fit into one of the following profiles:
- Assistant Consultant – Strong theoretical knowledge of the subject area (postgraduate qualification in a relevant area) with proven ability to translate theory into practice.
- Consultant – A solid grounding of the subject matter with associated relevant work experience. Understanding of issues relating to climate change, and the ability to apply this knowledge analytically and practically in a consulting context. Experience of working with government officials and international agencies.
- Senior Consultant – Excellent knowledge and understanding of policy and institutional issues relating to climate change, including current trends in policy and practice, and an ability to apply this knowledge analytically and practically in a consulting context. Will have proven capacity to undertake project leadership functions, and provide quality assurance of other consultants’ work.
Terms and benefits
Applicable terms and benefits will be shared with shortlisted candidates. All roles are full time in Indonesia (pre-existing right to work and residence essential).
These roles will be based in our Jakarta office with flexible working arrangements available.
How to apply
Please submit your CV through OPM’s Careers Portal by 15 December 2023.
OPM is committed to encouraging job applications from as diverse a range of people as possible. If there is anything at all you would like to discuss, please don’t hesitate to be in touch with the recruitment team.