- To collect and study the current menus of cooked food provided by third party catering service providers to the migrants under IOM care, and their nutritional values.
- To collect and study the list, quantity and the nutritional values of food ingredients provided by the third party catering service providers, other vendors or IOM procurement unit.
- To collect and study the current menu/meals cooked by migrants who have a monthly allowance (typical daily menu, cost, nutritional values etc.) as reference for writing guidelines and recommendations.
- To refer to the national nutritional guidelines and to WHO nutritional documents in order to determine whether the current menus, ingredients and their nutritional values are fulfilling the standard needs of migrants.
- To find out about the quantity, sources, quality and methods of drinking water supplied to the migrants living in IDCs and extension of IDCs.
- To collect the relevant information from all hubs and sub-offices with the assistance of sub-office health teams.
- To collect all MOUs signed with the catering service providers in all sub-offices in order to understand each provider’s TOR.
- To collect the necessary information about the methods of food quality and hygiene control and time interval in the IDCs and Temporary Shelters.
- To compile all documents and check lists used for hygiene and sanitation monitoring of accommodations including food and catering safely protocols.
- To read the periodic reports of the above quality control activities and frequent shortcomings identified.
- To structure and draft the Nutritional Guidelines according to the gathered information, and share with the SMHA and senior MHPs of the hubs for review and comment.
- To incorporate the comments in the final draft of the Guidelines for endorsement of SMHA, COM, Project Manager and Programme Coordinators.
- Perform any other related duties as may be required.
- The Consultant will receive an all inclusive consultancy fee which will be paid to the bank account indicated by the Consultant.
- Completed a minimum Master degree (or equivalent advanced university degree) specializing in clinical nutrition or Master Degree in Nutrition.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and/ or international levels in the field of nutrition;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated English writing skills;
- Self-motivated and ability to work under stressful conditions;
- Flexibility and initiative, demonstrated ability to be proactive and resourceful.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia considered an asset.