The USAID Indonesia Health Financing Activity (HFA) is a five-year activity running from March 26, 2019, to March 25, 2024. ThinkWell and its partners will work closely with its government counterpart, the Ministry of Health’s (MoH) Center for Health Financing and Insurance (PPJK), and other stakeholders to achieve the following goals:
- To improve the sustainability of the Government of Indonesia’s (GOI) financing for health; and
- To improve the capacity for strategic health purchasing.
HFA is a technical assistance project designed to strengthen local capacity in financial analyses, stakeholder engagement, learning, and decision-making. HFA will support the MoH’s leadership and vision to improve financial protection, equitable access to quality health services, and health outcomes.
PURPOSE AND SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE
HFA will hire a health financing senior analyst to improve the evidence-based policy making process for health systems, ensuring that reliable data are used and communicated in a way that addresses specific concerns. This five-month assignment will facilitate and speed up the data analysis and advocacy processes, helping HFA produce timely and quality products for all HIV/AIDS-related activities. The health financing senior analyst will work closely with the Health Financing Specialist in order to process any relevant analyses and high-level policy dialogues.
- Provide technical support on research projects related to health systems and health financing, such as designing and implementing surveys.
- Support statistical analysis with provided datasets to produce accurate, relevant descriptive statistics and indicators.
- Collaborate with other HFA key stakeholders to write the interpretation of the data analysis.
- Understand current and emerging health financing policy in Indonesia and aid in advocacy.
- Finalize an assessment report on how private sector can be engaged for delivering HIV care.
- Finalize a report on supply side assessment both in primary care facility and hospital in align to proposed implementation of HIV down referral mechanism.
- Finalize a report on resources need analysis, supply side assessment, and budget impact analysis of HIV Viral Load test scales up scenario.
- Finalize a report on Economic Analysis of TLD transition.
- Finalize an assessment report on financing scheme to viral load testing scale up.
Job Location: This is a part-time consultant position based in ThinkWell Office, Jakarta, Indonesia. (Indonesian Nationals Only)
Timeline: August to December 2021.
Reporting Lines and Teamwork
Ery Setiawan, SKM, ME, AAAK (Health Financing Specialist)
- Educational background in medicine, public health, or related health sciences. Master’s degree in health policy and financing is preferable.
- Strong background in HIV/AIDS sector.
- Previous experience with USAID projects, particularly in USAID’s health sector projects is preferable.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in advanced statistical analysis, particularly related to the health
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity and experience working with STATA, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with large databases, including national, sub-national, and household data.
- Ability to write knowledge products, including (but not limited to) journal articles and policy brief, or any related scientific writings related to the assigned project.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively communicate with government officials, international development partners, other staffs, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work remote effectively; proactive, flexible, conscientiousness, and responsive.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English and Indonesian
Interested applicants may send the application to: email@example.com
Subject Email: CONSULTANT HEALTH FINANCING SENIOR ANALYST – USAID HFA
Closing Date : 6 August 2021 – COB