“Consultant as Qualitative Researchers for RAPID Assessment on Maternal and Child Health Care at Province and District Level in NTT Province”
Jhpiego is seeking two qualitative researchers to conduct qualitative data collection as part of a rapid assessment on maternal and child health care in Nusa Tenggara Timur (NTT) Province. The researchers are expected to conduct qualitative data collection and analysis for in-depth interviews process and focused group discussions that will be conducted with key informants in NTT province at both province and district levels in close collaboration with Jhpiego’s researchers. In addition, the researchers will also conduct site visits to some selected health facilities to conduct assessment on the facility readiness to provide MCH care. The consultants should be very experienced in conducting qualitative data collection, analysis and report writing. The consultants will take precautions as appropriate for COVID-19 and some interviews may happen remotely.
Majors duties & responsibilities
- Key Informant Interviews:
1. Work with Jhpiego to identify Key Informant Interview participants at both province and district level (i.e. in four selected districts)
2. Conduct key informant interviews:
-Conduct Interviews with policymakers/stakeholders at province level (approximately 15 interviews),
-Conduct Key Informant Interviews with policy makers/stakeholders at district level (approximately 10 for each district),
3.Provide highlights/key findings in English in daily basis
4. Write summary result of each interview.
5.Analyze the data gathered through the KIIs
- Focused group discussion:
- Facilitate focused group discussions: two groups of 6-8 person for each of the four districts
- Provide highlights/key findings in English in daily basis
- Write summary result of each FGD
- Analyze the data from the FGDs
- Conduct field visits (to hospitals, health centers etc.) to collect data on ‘facility readiness.’
- Write summary result of each field visit
- Write overall report of results from KIIs, FGDs, field visits
- Support development of materials package for, and participate in, co-creation workshop(s)
- Transcription and translation of all in-depth interviews and FGD records
- Summary reports from the data collection
Level of effort:
- Fulltime within three-month period and 25% during the fourth month period
Qualification, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in a suitable social scientific discipline
- Experiences in qualitative researches especially in health/MCH areas.
- Excellent communication skills especially with policy makers/stakeholders at both province and district levels as well as health facility manager/health providers
- Experience collecting, analyzing and contextualizing qualitative MCH/FP data.
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and pressure to perform.
- Ability and willingness to travel to designated facilities/districts within the province as needed
How to Apply :
Please submit your application letter and CV with 3 referees to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Salary Offer Negotiable