Mercy Corps Indonesia (MCI) is a local Indonesian non-profit organization that implements development and humanitarian assistance programs throughout the country. MCI’s mission is to empower people in Indonesia to build healthy, productive, and resilient communities.
General Position Summary
The consultant for Livelihood Assessment of Tourism and Agriculture Recovery will work closely with the Disaster Response Program Manager in Jakarta and Lombok Response Team to design and conduct the assessment.
The output of this consultancy work is Livelihood Assessment that captures:
- Impact of the earthquake to ecotourism, agriculture irrigation infrastructure system and equipment damages in Sembalun, Sambelia and Suela Sub-District .
- Need assessment for agriculture groups on the main challenges to support economic recovery
- Risk and opportunities on best support options to boost economic recovery in ecotourism and agriculture short term (4 months) in Sembalun, Sambelia and Suela Sub-District.
- Site selection which includes the development of criteria to select the best location for MCI tourism and agriculture recovery intervention and written recommendation stating a clear rationale for MCI choosing the sites (this include scoring/prioritization) for short and medium term agriculture recovery interventions*.
*Short term: 3 months support that is relevant for inception phase, Medium term: 3 months-24 months support
Final output should also include the raw data collection as an Annex and supporting data should be attached
Deliverables and Timeline
|1||Assessment Workplan and Strategy for data collection, key aspects that will be collected, and assessment tools for the earthquake impact assessment on livelihoods||6 May 2019|
|2||Completed Livelihood Assessment; which include need assessment, opportunities for intervention (proposed activities to address identified needs), and opportunities for collaboration (for new programs)||28 May 2019|
The deliverables should be written in English.
The activities are including but not limited to:
Data collection and analysis from (1) secondary data that is publicly available (e.g Displacement Tracking Matrix in East Lombok and its Sub District in Numbers released by BPS, Village Monography, and other relevant data), (2) field visit and observation to the effected agriculture locations, (3) IDIs/FGDs with male and female farmers, farmer groups and female farmer groups, and (4) consultation meeting with the local government (Regional Development Agency, Agriculture Agency, Food Security Agency etc);
- Stakeholder analysis, to better understand who’s doing what and where, so that MCI can map potential collaboration and prevent duplication.
- Prioritization of locations (with scoring)
Reports Directly To: Disaster Response Program Manager
Works Directly With: Lombok Response Team Leader, and Director of Agriculture, Entrepreneurship and Financial Inclusion
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Economy and Development, Agribusiness, Agriculture or other related field.
- Demonstrated experience in developing livelihood assessments and able to quickly identify the gap of information so that it can be used as an inputs for risk and opportunities with clear and effective strategy to support early economic recovery.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting livelihood assessment related to agriculture and ecotourism.
- Demonstrated knowledge on emergency response and recovery. Demonstrated knowledge on the needs for early recovery on agriculture will be preferred.
- Excellent fluency in English and ability to cross translate between Bahasa and English is necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members are essential.
- Pleasant personality (friendly, team player, quick learner, creative and willing to take on a variety of tasks)
- Computer literate; proficient in MS Office, MS Excel in particular and Internet navigation are required.
Duration of service contract: 22 days
Applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 18 April 2019
Mercy Corps Indonesia