The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera. We are now looking for:
Consultant for District Facilitator Musi Banyuasin
Terms and Condition
Start Date : September 2018
Duration of Contract : 6 (six) month
Work Area : Palembang, South Sumatera
Reporting to : Governance and Institution Manager
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities, to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that reduces land-based Greenhouse Gas emissions.
Project of Kelola Sendang (KS) support Government of South Sumatra Province in developing a sustainable landscape management partnership model in the Sembilang Landscape – Dangku. Sembilang-Dangku is a lowland landscape that stretches between Berbak-Sembilang National Park and Dangku Wildlife Reserve. The 1.6 million hectare landscape consists of conservation areas, production, community control, and included important peatland area inside. This Project apply Landscape approach based on jurisdiction to support local government developing partnership, governance, and landscape management model at the site level.
Up to now, Project of Kelola-Sendang (KS) ZSL has produced forms of partnership between public, private and community as a pilot to overcome real problems in the landscape.
At the provincial level of South Sumatra, the project has initiated the establishment of “Project Supervisory Unit” (PSU) and “Project Implementing Unit” (PIU) which are stipulated by the Decree of the Governor (SK) No. 332 / KPTS / BAPPEDA / 2017. While at the district level (Banyuasin Regency and Musi Banyuasin Regency), Has been formed a Working Group of Green Development which has cross-sectoral SKPD membership. On the other hand, The Project Of Kelola Sendang (KS) has also formed a Multi-Party Forum (Forum Dangku) and will form another forum (Sembilang Forum) immediately.
For this reason, we requires consultants who can carry out these activities in Musi Banyuasin District. The consultant must have the ability and experience in the field of landscape management partnership planning. Especially landscapes that have various functions inside, namely the functions of community livelihoods, production and conservation. It is preferred that consultants have worked in South Sumatra, especially in Musi Banyuasin and Banyuasin Regency.
Scope of Work
1. Maintain and develop ongoing relationships with Government in district levels, helping to identify opportunities for collaboration and further support under ZSL’s UKCCU Project (attend relevant meetings and working groups; schedule regular discussions with government counterparts, ensure full and continued alignment of UKCCU objectives with Government priorities, support organization of Government events related to ZSL work).
2. Document the progress of collaboration and engagement with government in district level.
3. Encourage the local government in district level to adopt the environmental and social monitoring, reporting and verification system to be developed by ZSL’s UKCCU Integrated Landscape Project, as a way to increase the accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness of progress towards national green growth development and low emission development targets.
4. Increase the profile of ZSL’s UKCCU Project within the district government, identifying potential new Project partners (develop and execute an outreach plan as part of communication and engagement strategy in collaboration with Communication and Education team; help organize presentations and informal sessions when needed; identify opportunities for training delivery and capacity building; support the organization of relevant events).
5. Other tasks as requested by the project
1. Documentation process of all activities at district level government that relates to the project especially the works and activity of the District Working Group.
2. Strategic plan / workplan of the District Working Group
3. Minutes of meeting for every meeting attended by consultant
4. PVR (Project Visit report) of every field trips assigned to the consultant by KS
• Bachelor’s Degree in, social sciences, public policy, communications, international relations or similar field; Master’s degree preferred
• Strong working relationship with stakeholders and the government Institutions.
• Minimum 4 years successful experience working in similar position with an international NGO
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skill