Mercy Corps Indonesia is part of the global Mercy Corps family, a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
The Investing in Human Capital for Disaster Management (INVEST DM) 2.0 in Indonesia commenced on May 17, 2021. INVEST DM 2.0 builds upon the achievements of the USAID/BHA Technical Assistance and training teams (TATTs) program (2014-2019) and the first phase of the INVEST DM program (May 2019-Jan 2021). Program assistance is focused on the national level, with many of the interventions expected to flow-down for sub-national uptake. It directly supports the Government of Indonesia (GOI) National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) in building the capability of its workforce (bureaucratic reforms and capacity building) and national DM capacity through education and training initiatives and improved systems and strategies. These will contribute to strengthened sub-national DRM institutions and people at key administrative levels who will be better equipped and able to fulfill their mandate to deliver effective DRM services and save lives.
Pusdiklat BNPB is adopting the utilization of technology in delivering its training. It has been operating a LMS as its training management system and an online training platform for its course delivery. However, it lacks the training standards and strategy to guideline its future performance and development. There is a need to standardize the process so that online trainings are according to the needs and best practices, as well as creating a guideline that helps the development of future online trainings.
Purpose / Project Description:
The purpose of Outcome 1 is that “the Organizational capacity of Pusdiklat is strengthened and its service delivery accelerated by developing and implementing appropriate Disaster Management (DM) certified in-service training and pre-service education pathways for the workforce across BNPB, Sub-national DM Institutions, and other Government of Indonesia (GOI) agencies.” This Outcome consists of 6 Outputs as follow:
Output 1.1: Pusdiklat has the capacity to implement online training.
Output 1.2: Pusdiklat has implemented the training providers accreditation mechanism.
Output 1.3: Pusdiklat has developed disaster learning mechanism.
Output 1.4: LSP-PB has a strategic plan and is functioning as a professional certification board.
Output 1.5: Technical cooperation for exchanges, learnings and linkages with external education and training providers is strengthened (FEMA/EMI, US DOD, NDPTC, Texas A&M, CDP).
Output 1.6: Pusdiklat has capacity to implement the recommendations of the stocktaking analysis and (Polytechnic DM establishment) roadmap of pre-service (diploma) civil servant entry-level study programs.
This consultancy will contribute to the preparation of activities under Output 1.1 above.
The overall objective of the consultancy assignment is to provide support in developing strategy and standards for online training platform of Pusdiklat BNPB.
The Consultant shall conduct the following activities:
- Review of e-learning practices in Pusdiklat PB BNPB.
- Develop standards and strategic plan for Pusdiklat BNPB in e-learning deliveries, monitoring & evaluation. Identified changes needed, utilizing participatory approach, then develop standards and strategic plan with Pusdiklat BNPB.
- Communicate and collaborate with Pusdiklat PB BNPB, Widya Iswaras (Trainers) & other institutions/units that utilize the e-learning platform.
- Training needs assessment and follow with training/coaching to Pusdiklat’s staffs on the management of online training or specific needs (e.g., aspects of online training delivery) as identified through the assessment.
The Consultant will produce the following deliverables with estimated 20 days effort:
- Review of e-learning practices in Pusdiklat PB BNPB. By 30 April 2022
- Develop standards and strategic plan for Pusdiklat BNPB in e-learning deliveries, monitoring & evaluation. By May 10, 2022
- Training needs assessment report By May 10th
- Training/coaching sessions to Pusdiklat’s staffs. By May 30th
Timeframe / Schedule:
The consultancy will commence in April 2021 to May 31st, 2022.
The Consultant will report to:
Program Manager INVEST DM Outcome 1
The Consultant will work closely with:
Pusdiklat PB, Widya Iswaras (trainers), Program Manager INVEST DM Outcome 1, COP, DCOP, VET and Training Coordinator, the Program Principle of UHM.
Required Experience & Skills:
The selection criteria to assess the technical capacity of the consultants includes the following;
- Master’s degree in education, or other related disciplines.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in education and online training
- Extensive knowledge of e-learning education standards processes and development
- Knowledge of the Pusdiklat PB & DM training & education.
- Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead consensus-building and participatory approach during collaborative processes to achieve a final product
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse stakeholders from government, ministry, and NGOs.
- Experience working with the government agencies such as ministries and BNPB.
- Strong (written and oral) comments of English and Bahasa Indonesia including report writing and editing.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps Indonesia team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MCI’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to Apply (Indonesian nationals only):
Prospective candidates shall email their CV and price quotation to email@example.com with subject “E-learning strategy & standards” no later than April 8th, 2022. Only candidates who meet the required qualifications and experiences will be contacted.
Mercy Corps Indonesia