OVERALL PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
USAID Momentum seeks to find a consultant to help developing Blended Learning curriculum and module for specific Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH), as reference prior to the instructional design production and deployment to MOH’s Learning Management System (Plataran Sehat). He/she is expected to obtain good to advanced knowledge regarding MNH curriculum by MOH, experience in Blended Learning curriculum development and expertise in technical writing for module repackage process from classical to blended approach.
MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) is a 4-year project, with focus on Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) service in Public Health Care setting to assist the Government of Indonesia to effective deliver quality essential primary health care service in NTT Province, support implementation of key MOH activities to improve quality essential primary health care service through targeted technical and capacity development and develop a sustainable and replicable model contributing to reducing rates of maternal and newborn deaths.
Momentum Private Healthcare Delivery (MPHD) Indonesia is a four-and-a-half-year project that aims to leverages and optimize the resources and enterprise of the private health sector to achieve reductions in maternal and newborn mortality rates in National and selected provinces, including DKI Jakarta, North Sumatera, Banten, East Java, and South Sulawesi. MPHD will focus on Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) services in private healthcare settings to:
- Improve the quality of MNH services delivered by primary and referral private healthcare providers
- Strengthen national policy and regulatory framework on quality of care and for engagement with the private sector (PPP).
- Improve the coordination (e.g. referrals, data collection and reporting, and training/ accreditation programs) between the public health system and private providers at the District level
In 2023, the Ministry of Health initiated Integrated Primary Healthcare Service (ILP – Integrasi Layanan Primer), with one of many focuses to strengthen, ensure and standardize health providers’ skills and knowledge from community level to referred facilities. USAID’s Momentum in Indonesia, through MCGL and MPHD aim to support the government in achieving this purpose by developing MNH e-Learning content in Plataran Sehat which is meant for General Practitioners and Midwives. This process requires the expertise to transform classical curriculum to blended learning approach, before the following processes to engage vendors in building digital and interactive content. Aligning MOH’s expectation and timeline, the blended learning curriculum and module (extracted and organized based on existing classical modules) are required to be finalized for production by June 2023. From July moving forward, the consultant is expected to serve as the main resource person for selected vendor for ensuring and confirming the suitability of content in the instructional design format.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Serve as the main writer and technical person of e-learning module and curriculum
- Gather and review existing accredited module and curriculum of Maternal Neonatal Health for General Practitioners and Midwives.
- Work closely with GKIA directorate regarding areas of health providers’ knowledge or skills that are required to be strengthened.
- Develop e-Learning curriculum and blended learning module for:
- Antenatal Care (ANC) and PPFP Counseling
- Intrapartum Care (INC) for normal delivery and Newborn Essentials
- Postnatal Care (PNC) and PPFP Services
- Maternal and Neonatal Emergency (Gadar Matneo)
- Develop scenario and/or directions based on developed curriculum and modules.
- Work closely with Instructional Designer to confirm suitability and appropriateness of module and curriculum translation into interactive digital designs.
- Arrange and facilitate necessary meetings with MOH and members of participating organizations to discuss the e-learning content during the development process
- Participate in discussions with Momentum team to define scope, recommendations, strategy and decisions.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES & DELIVERABLES
- Blended Learning Curriculum and Modules for ANC, INC, PNC and emergency for maternal and neonatal (exclude Children Under 5)
- Suggestion, direction and ideas for the development of instructional design format, based on the already-developed curriculum and modules
- Pro-activity and initiative to bridge communication and clarification from MOH to internal team in terms of e-Learning development for intended modules
The contract will be conducted over a period of 3 months/ 60 days from 26th of May, 2023 to 31st of August, 2023 with this following timeline:
|Key Actions||Timeline/ Duration|
|Proposal Submission from candidates||May 22nd|
|Consultant selection||May 25th|
|Kick-Off and Initial with Momentum||May 26th|
|Development and Coordination Period of Consultant||May 29th to August 31st, 2023|
|First Draft of Curriculum and BL Module Output||June 23rd, 2023|
|Review Period with Instructional Designer||July to August 2023|
CONDUCT OF THE WORK
During the contract, the consultant will report directly to MNH Specialist with close coordination with Database, Digital Health Officer.
- Master degree in Public Health or any other relevant background with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in conducting or implementing training
- Experience and comfortable working with MOH and Professional Organization
- Experience collecting, analyzing and contextualizing data
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Skilled in data visualization (developing graphs, etc.)
- Fluent in both Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Understanding of health system in Indonesia, particularly Maternal and Neonatal Health
- Previous work with the health sector is an added advantage
How to Apply
Please submit your application of interest, CV and budget/fee proposal to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.