By the enactment of Presidential Decree No. 12/2013 about Sumatera Spatial Plan and Presidential Decree No. 3/2013 about Kalimantan Spatial Plan, Indonesia has committed to protect their forest cover. To ensure this regulation, there is a need to develop system that could be used as a tool to look at the implementation of spatial plans at site-level as a basis of forest cover information which will be maintained in a region.
The continuation of development of this information technology systems, makes the online media are being elected to disseminate the information quickly and accurately. Nowadays, the media play a great role in influencing the government’s decision/policy of a region. Due to this reason, the monitoring system of spatial plan (Sigaptaru) was built.
SIGAPTARU is an online geospatial platform built as an open communication forum for all parties to encourage sustainable land use in Indonesia. This site is designed to ensure land use allocation permits and monitor the latest developments in order to comply with the rules set by the government.
The system was initiated by WWF Indonesia, WWF US, and WWF Germany in 2012. This system has also received support from the Directorate General of Spatial Planning of the Ministry of Public Works, which has now joined the Ministry of Agriculture and Spatial Planning.
However, the system that has been developed need some improvements on map system and interaction. The limitation of current system is:
- Users are difficult to add the data both of text and spatial data (point, polyline, polygon)
- Administrator has difficulty to add the base layer, including to add the RTRW of other districts in RIMBA Corridor and other base layer that important to the decision-making process on land use
- System doesn’t have specific user
Based on above reason, WWF proposed the re-development of Spatial Planning Monitoring System that focus on improving the map function and interaction.
The new system will provide free and open access to the available and publish data from several sources, especially government data, including: district/ province spatial planning, Peta Indikatif Penundaan Ijin Baru (PIPIB), species home range, conservation area, peat depth distribution, and other base and thematic layer information.
The improvement of map will result a collection of spatially datasets, presented in an interactive map viewer that allows users to select areas of interest, and do simple analysis such an overlay.
The new system will have Specific Users:
Public can view the base map data and contribute to the site. However, to contribute data to the site, it will be followed by pre-approved mechanism from the administrator
- Decision makers
As Screening tool for
- BPN/ Ministry of Agraria and Spatial Planning (MoASP) – PPNS for Spatial Planning
- Otoritas Jasa Keuangan (OJK),
The stakeholder can do simple analysis, such an overlay with the base layer. The mechanism for both parties should be discussed further, especially to define the mechanism for the users who will need decision from BPN and OJK.
Provide web-based information system on spatial planning and land use to improve stakeholder’s decision on land use. The financial banker can use the system to decide giving financial support for land user based on Indonesian Regulation on Land such as RTRW and others. The Spatial Planning Monitoring System (SIGAPTARU) can be a model or tool for Ministry of Agraria and Spatial Planning to monitor the implementation of spatial planning at district level (RTRW) and improve the RTRW based on that.
C. General Description of Activities /Project Descriptions:
The step of this activity are:
- Re-develop of Spatial Planning Monitoring System – Web Based (SIGAPTARU) and improvement of the Map Design and System
- Update the Spatial Planning Data at district Level in RIMBA Corridor and other base layer to SIGAPTARU
- Capacity building to 30 persons including men and women to improve their capacity in using SIGAPTARU and improve their knowledge on ecosystem based on spatial planning
- Getting acknowledgement from Ministry of Agraria and Spatial Planning for new-SIGAPTARU
The stage of application development are:
- Preliminary Research and Discovery Phase:
- Gathering all the final specifications of the project
- In-depth research of the field, market pool, and target population
- Establishing the strategy to best accomplish WWF Indonesia goals within budget and timeframe
- Fine tuning the technological route for the design and development of
- Determining the full and final in-depth scope of the project
- Strategic Planning:
- Conception of the main goals of the website and of the users’ pathways
- Conception of the web application’s flow
- Preparation of detailed charts and wireframes showing the different areas of the web application, their features, the technologies that will be implemented
- Optimization of the navigation according to the application’s goals
- Adjustment Web Design – Graphic Design Work:
- Conception and creation of the graphic theme of the web application, including colour scheme, atmosphere, general look and feel.
- Actual design of the web application based on the layouts and structures
- Conception and creation of all the graphic elements of the website
- Front End Programming:
- Advanced programming and integration of latest front-end web technologies for enhanced user experience and usability
- Map design using Google based or ESRI based, the result of the system will be based on agreement between WWF team and consultant
- Server-side Development:
- Integration of the databases
- Actual programming work to implement the application
- Actual programming work to implement the back-end and full administration Integration with all features including membership accounts.
- Quality Assurance and Launch:
- Extensive testing to ensure the application is 100% bug free and is fully compatible
- Fine tuning the final details of the application design and features
- Configuration and setup of the server that will host the website
- Migration of the site to the live server and launch!
- GIS, Statistics and Reporting (SIGAPTARU Function):
D. Consultant Qualification
- Experienced on developing spatial system
- Experienced on developing statistic system
- Having skill and strong capacity on application development related on current trend and technology
- Demonstrate a good communication skill both oral and written
- Independent, able to complete the job thoroughly with minimal supervision;
- Have minimum 4 years experiences as web application developer;
- Have experience in developing and using web services (Content Management System (CMS), Google APIs, ArcGIS Server REST API, GeoServer);
- Have experienced on using ArcGIS Enterprise by ESRI (Ex:ArcGIS Server);
- Have experience in using GeoServer for overlaying ArcGIS Server web map services;
- Have skills in using RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- Familiar with source code versioning (eg: Git / Subversion);
- Experienced in implementing MVC;
- Understand related to computer system security issues.
- Spatial Planning Monitoring System – Web Based (SIGAPTARU) established with scope of works are including:
- Strategic Planning & Project Management
- Online System Updating (Content Management System (CMS), Google API, ESRI API), including:
- Homepage Redesign
- Maps redevelopment, using Google API or ESRI API
- Maps admin input redesign
- Discussion redesign
- News redesign
- Develop multi language support
- Manual guidance of the system
- Maintenance report to ensure the application can work properly for at least 1 year after development
F. Reporting responsibility:
Consultant will report to Conservation Science Unit and IT unit of WWF Indonesia who will provide written approval and acceptance of each deliverable to Project Leader of RIMBA Project.