Sosial Bisnis Indonesia (SOBI) is a social enterprise that acts as a market hub to promote and connect sustainable wood-derived products from the community-based cooperatives to fulfill the market demands. Preceding to providing the better access to the market in a broader term, SOBI also provides the assessment and certification process for natural resource-derived products (FSC and SVLK) so the sustainable principles are met.
SOBI’s establishment was inspired by the importance of sustainability on natural resource management to be seen as an instrument for conserving the biological biodiversity as well as maintaining the balance of resources base. Yet, the fact that sustainable natural resources management is hard to be adopted if communities still challenged with economic and operational problems resulting the unsustainable way of their common practices. SOBI therefore presents better and long-term breakthrough for forest communities by providing access to sustainable market with fairly better price while ensuring the sustainability of the forest.
To achieve its vision, SOBI is currently looking for community development manager that would be at the forthfront on the company’s effort to engange and develop more communities to be part of the sustainable business model.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategic planning to engage and build capabilities of the communities in new locations in coordination with NGO partners and field implementation team.
- Monitor and evaluate the achievement of community development target as well as ensure the capacity development of the team under his/her supervision.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree from any discipline
Minimum 3-5 years of proven experience in community development topic and 1-2 years in leadership
Professional and Personal Competencies and Traits required:
- Advanced knowledge in community development topic (theory and principles)
- Best practice in community development
- Experienced in developing partnership with government agencies, NGOs, and related stakeholders.
- Robust organization, managerial, and people development skill
- Good communication, confidence, time management skills with an ability to plan, prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Analytical and creative thinking for solutions
Send Resume/CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject email “Application for Community Development Manager_(Name)”.