COMMUNITY AND BIODIVERSITY MANAGER
Location: Indonesia, with international travel
Contract: 100% Full-time equivalent employee with annual renewal option
Reports to Head of Natural Climate Solutions (Project Development).
Manages processes for developing certification documentation towards the Climate, Community, and BiodiversityStandard (CCBS), Plan Vivo or similar standards both in-house and with service providers.
Manages technical assistance to project operators in design of community and biodiversity-related project activities via Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) to maximize efficiency and effectiveness towards measurable and impactful biodiversity and community benefits, e.g. socio-economic improvements for forest dependent communities.
Manages capacity building, quality control and quality assurance for certification documentation towards the Climate,Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBS), Plan Vivo or similar standard verification events, in-house, developedby project operators and with service providers.
Supports internal capacity building of the Ecosystem Outcome on CCBS, Plan Vivo or similar standard’s
processes and best practice design for measurable and impactful biodiversity and community benefits.
- Sc. or higher in forestry, environmental science, geography, sustainable development, businessadministration or related field
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in forest conservation, restoration, natural resourcemanagement and sustainable development in the APAC region
- Proven track-record in applying the Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBS) or Plan VivoStandard in successful validation and verification events
- Experience leading coalitions of stakeholders from private sector, civil society and governments tosuccessful sustainability transformation
- Multi-cultural management skills with diversified, context-specific approaches
- Excellent attention to detailed accuracy of processes and results
- High dedication to conservation, sustainable development, and climate action
- Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia and/or Bahasa Malaysia strongly preferred
POSITION KEY-PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. The Project Development sub-team of the Ecosystem Outcomes teams successfully developsCommunity & Biodiversity projects
- Manages processes for developing certification documentation towards the Climate, Community, andBiodiversity Standard (CCBS), Plan Vivo or similar standards both in-house and with service
- Participative consultations and Free, Prior, Informed Consent (FPIC) with all relevant stakeholders areused as an asset for robust, resilient and relevant project design
- Monitoring Plans for Community & Biodiversity elements are compliant with standard requirements,SMART, feasible and cost-efficient
- All CCBS projects progress along timed KPIs towards validation and verification
- Manages capacity building, quality control and quality assurance for certification documentation towards the Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBS), Plan Vivo or similar standard verification events, in-house, developed by project operators and with service
- Supports internal capacity building of the Ecosystem Outcome on CCBS, Plan Vivo or similar standard’s processes and best practice design for measurable and impactful biodiversity and community
- Integration in development and monitoring of community & biodiversity benefits is seamlessly integratedwith climate benefit monitoring and overall MRV
2. Measurable KPIs for 2022
- Supporting the Head of Project Development to maximize chances of success for verified community andbiodiversity benefits
- The Project Development sub-team develops high quality projects for the following business lines anddevelopment stages:
- Screening and feasibility studies for all required project opportunities on time and in excellent quality
- All CCBS projects progress along timed KPIs towards validation and verification events
- RC: Develop all required Rimba Collective projects through Due Diligence ready for Project ServiceAgreement
- ATMOS: Support development of 3 VCS-CCB draft PDDs or more for Atmos
- Support all business lines with relevant, effective and efficient project design for conservation and restoration (e.g. for CCBS or Plan Vivo) incl. community sustainable livelihoods design withstrategic partnerships
- Best implementation practices and lessons learnt from operating projects are applied to the designof new projects for biodiversity and community projects
- Biodiversity and community benefits are integrated and streamlined into origination, developmentand implementation of all projects
The candidate will be based either in the Lestari Capital office in Bali or other regional location (SE Asia). Thecandidate must have the flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally as and when necessary.
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should apply by sending a coverletter and CV to: Steve Dettman, Head of Natural Climate Solutions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job description can also be found here: http://lestaricapital.com/jobs/
Important: Please include your name and “Natural Climate Solutions” as the subject line of the email. Please ensurethe titles of all attachments use the format: YourName_CCB_CV.pdf, YourName_CCB_CoverLetter.pdf). At the end of the cover letter please include this completed summary table:
|Degree type (BA, MS)|
|Years of work experience|