Community Accountability Reporting Mechanism (CARM) &
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
CARM MEL Officer will be based in Jakarta and responsible to support CARM and MEL implementation of Mercy Corps Indonesia, including feedback reception, updating CARM Database, supporting feedback follow up, reporting, and feedback closure. Besides, he/she will also responsible to support Mercy Corps Indonesia’s monitoring activities at the national level, including database, indicator tracking, and capacity building activities for programs, under the supervision of Country CARM Focal Point/ Coordinator MEL and IRT.
Essential Job Function:
Community Accountability Reporting Mechanism (CARM)
Collaborate closely with Country CARM Focal Point and CARM Registrant/Investigator at National level, as well as Program CARM Focal Point;
- Ensure all programs have a minimum 3 active feedback channels and that proper procedure are followed;
- Receive feedback submitted through National CARM feedback channels as assigned;
- Ensure all feedback received is documented in a CARM database, including classify feedback based on its grade;
- Ensure data quality of CARM database(s);
- Produce draft monthly CARM report;
- Support CARM Training of Trainers (TOT) for programs;
- Train new team members on Mercy Corps Indonesia accountability principles and the country CARM and procedures;
- Support feedback follow up process as assigned;
- Ensure the feedback loop is closed for all cases.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL)
Collaborate closely with National MEL Coordinate to support the below activities;
- Support new staff capacity building activities on MEL, program management (PM@MC), and Gender Minimum Standard (GMS);
- Support data collection and analysis for National Level indicator;
- Support monitoring of the program indicator tracking through TOLA;
- Support programs participants counting and tracking process;
- Support Program Data Retention by checking the completeness of program data in MCI DataBase (Synology) in reference to MCI Data Retention Policy and Minimum Standard filing tree;
- Other duties as assigned, including evaluation and learning.
- BA or equivalent, preferable in sciences, database management/ programming or administration, civil engineer or another relevant field;
- Experience working in CARM/ Feedback Mechanism, Monitoring, and Evaluation and in community development-related project;
- Good basic math and analytical skills as well as a general knowledge of statistical or monitoring and evaluation principles;
- Former experience in field survey/data collection techniques, data entry, data verification, and analysis beneficial;
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation of training, capacity building, and mentoring;
- Ability to converse in English and to cross translate between Bahasa and English is preferred;
- Computer literate; proficient in MS Office, MS Excel in particular, and Internet navigation is required;
- Candidate must be willing to travel regularly and works on weekends or evening as necessary (considering the nature of community meetings).
The vacancy will be closed on 27 September 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia.