Post Title: Communications Specialist, USAID INTEGRITAS
Duration: One year (can be extended)
Direct Supervisor: Chief of Party, USAID INTEGRITAS
Partnership for Governance Reform (KEMITRAAN)
KEMITRAAN is a multi-stakeholder organization established to promote governance reform. It works hand-in-hand with government agencies, CSOs, the private sector, and international development partners in Indonesia to bring about reform at both the national and local levels. KEMITRAAN builds crucial links between all levels of government and civil society to sustainably promote good governance in Indonesia.
Good governance is participatory, consensus-oriented, accountable, transparent, responsive, effective, efficient, equitable, inclusive and follows the rule of law. It ensures that corruption is minimized, and the views of minorities and the most vulnerable in society are considered.
Since our inception in 2000, KEMITRAAN has established a wide range of multi-stakeholder networks at all levels. We work together with the government in mainstreaming good governance principles in public policy-making, implementation and monitoring phases with an evidence-based approach.
Awarded on January 10, 2022, the Indonesian Integrity Initiative (INTEGRITAS) is a five-year program funded by USAID/Indonesia and implemented by KEMITRAAN, in collaboration with Indonesia Corruption Watch (ICW), Transparency International-Indonesia, and the Basel Institute on Governance, and in partnership with Indonesian civil society organizations (CSOs) and government agencies. INTEGRITAS seeks to address corruption in Indonesia through a dual-tracked approach of systems strengthening and public engagement that facilitates local civil society efforts to address systemic corruption vulnerabilities and conflicts of interest in the country.
The goal of INTEGRITAS is to support the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in its corruption prevention efforts by enhancing civic engagement and strengthening a culture of integrity for both the public and private sectors. INTEGRITAS seeks to enhance Indonesian civil society’s capacity and role to more effectively partner with and support key GOI oversight institutions, while simultaneously ensuring sufficient preventative and oversight mechanisms are in place in the public and private sectors. The activity will cooperate and work with government and non-government key actors to achieve this goal through two interrelated intermediate results (IRs):
• IR 1: Implementation of transparent policies and practices that reduce conflicts of interest increased.
• IR 2: Public education on, awareness of, and participation in anti-corruption efforts improved.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Chief of Party, INTEGRITAS seeks 1 (one) Communications Specialist to support the USAID INTEGRITAS Team, on the program’s internal and external communications work.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced communications professional to contribute to Indonesia’s corruption prevention efforts, in collaboration with national government institutions, provincial governments, the private sector, and CSOs. The Communications Specialist is expected to provide a full range of support, ranging from establishing strategies to developing supporting materials and routine reporting products. A successful candidate will be structured, systematic, and able to produce high-quality results under tight deadlines with minimal supervision. The Communication Specialist will be supervised by the Chief of Party (COP) will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Interested candidates are invited to submit Cover Letter and CV responding to this advertisement. Selection process will consist of (but not limited to) a written test and interview.
Scope of Work
- Lead the program’s development of routine and ad hoc donor reporting. Must be able to develop convincing narratives from a variety of sources of information, interface with consortium partners to gather supporting details, and copyedit rough drafts into high-quality, native English reports.
- Support the development of strategic communications campaigns, in concert with the KEMITRAAN INTEGRITAS team and our consortium partners. Must be able to develop a full spectrum of products, from campaign strategies, including social media strategies to media briefings, press releases, talking points, briefing papers, and online content and graphic designs with minimal oversight.
- Communicate results to key stakeholders. Must be able to collaborate with the MEL Specialist to develop performance monitoring data into communications products that highlight achievements and their significance to a broad variety of audiences in a variety of formats, ranging from formal briefing materials to blog posts, social media content, and videos. The Communications Specialist will also liaise with the USAID Development, Outreach, and Communications (DOCs) team to ensure accurate and broad coverage of the project.
- Ensure branding compliance of INTEGRITAS products – including those produced by KEMITRAAN and its consortium partners – with prevailing USAID policies and regulations.
- Attend selected project meetings, providing event organizing support as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (S1), preferably master’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, business administration, management, social sciences or other relevant subject.
- At least seven years of previous experience in communications role on international donor-funded programs required, experience with USAID preferred. Previous experience should demonstrate lead role in developing high-quality communications strategies and products and demonstrate strong skills in writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and planning skills to set goals and activities to achieve them; strong sense for innovation and new approaches to outreach; decisiveness and ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment; good judgement and an ability to work under tight deadlines. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, set priorities, and organize time efficiently required.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate changes and challenges, displaying flexibility, adaptive approaches and emotional resilience in order to achieve greater impact
- Experience with using social media tools in a professional setting is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Canva or other graphics design platforms, and social media required.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English required
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and other supporting documents as required using this link https://hris.kemitraan.or.id/kemitraan-recruitment-form/ no later than November 30, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.