FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 50 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Communications Specialist for MADANI, USAID’s five-year civil society strengthen project that began in March 2019. MADANI focuses on developing the capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs) to increase accountability and tolerance in 32 districts in the provinces of Banten, West Java, East Java, Central Java, South Sulawesi, and West Kalimantan.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing all project communications materials, including announcements, briefing documents, website, blog and social media content, and finalizing project reporting to clients and donors. S/he will be responsible for organizing promotional events as needed and will develop clear, concise, and coordinated messaging to share project lessons learned and results and ensure compliance with donor marking and branding. The Communications Specialist will work across multiple communications platforms, including email, websites, social media, newsletters, and other communication mediums to reach project audiences and promote MADANI’s results.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Communications Specialist will:
- Research, write and edit a broad range of communications that promote MADANI activities and results, including weekly highlights and quarterly newsletters.
- Work closely with the MADANI Technical Team and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Team to develop success stories, lessons learned, and other project documents to share with project stakeholders and donors.
- Collaborate with national, local and social media to promote the work of MADANI partners
- Work with the Senior Management Team to produce project deliverables including quarterly and annual reports, learning documents, and other client-required products.
- With the Procurement and Grants Team, design and monitor activies providing capacity development to MADANI CSO partners on communication and working with media
- Review and monitor that all communication materials comply with USAID and FHI 360 marking and branding requirement
- Review and edit (in English and Indonesian) reports and documents from field-based staff for external publication.
- Design and prepare a variety of promotional and informational materials including articles, briefers, website content, brochures, blog posts, videos, photo, and social media content for both Indonesian and donor audiences.
- With the MADANI MIS Specialist, lead the content development of the MADANI website.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or a related field.
- At least five years of experience in writing, editing, and developing publications and communications materials.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Familiarity with USAID branding and marking regulations highly desired.
- Experience translating between English and Bahasa Indonesian highly desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesian required
- Must have strong teamwork and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Interested candidate please submit your CV to FHI 360 career portal by the latest July 22, 2021 COB