Photovoices International is an Indonesian non-profit organization that supports underrepresented communities, especially women and youth, to take action to improve their lives through a facilitated learning process using photography to tell their stories and advocate for their cause. Our work is based on the principles of social justice including equity, access, inclusion, diversity, participation and rights. The program implements participatory methodologies, including photography, to document social and environmental concerns, local histories, personal experiences, and cultural perspectives, all of which are critical to understanding and addressing gender, natural resource management and community empowerment issues within unique settings.
Position Title: Communications Specialist
Purpose of the Position: The Communications Specialist has the responsibility of providing support in developing and implementing communications and outreach strategies to increase and sustain public awareness and support of Photovoices International (PVI) and its work. S/he will develop and maintain strong contacts with targeted local and national media, to communicate the mission of PVI and add value to community empowerment and fundraising efforts. Responds to media requests and assists with developing and implementing media strategies. Support in developing and publishing communications materials on PVI such as info-sheets, posters and annual reports, news releases, etc. Maintain and develop PVI’s website and social media account(s). Works with programmatic staff to identify communication needs and opportunities. Will nurture good working relationships with strategic partners in the communications arena, including peers from partner organizations, editors, reporters, producers, and graphic designers.
This position is based in Bali and the Communications Specialist reports to the Executive Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- S1 or Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- At least 3 to 5 years related experience or equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Communication and presentation skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission and work of PVI to diverse groups including donors, board members, the public, community participants, partners, and others.
- Leverage constructive and effective relationships inside and outside PVI – program leadership, the public, donors, media, vendors, community participants, partners and others.
- Keeping updated on the latest trends and development in related fields.
- Ability and willingness to travel, work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays and evenings, and to work under stress during peak workload periods.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Passion in photography is a plus.
- Fluency in English is preferable.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
Please send Resume/CV and Cover Letter latest by 31 July 2023 to email@example.com, with e-mail subject “Application for PVI Communications Specialist (Name).” Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.