Chemonics International, Inc., a U.S.-based international development consulting firm, is seeking qualified candidates for multiple positions for the USAID Sustainable Environmental Governance Across Regions (SEGAR) Activity. The SEGAR Activity seeks to advance Indonesia’s own development goals of balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. To achieve the overall goal, this Activity will achieve the following two objectives: 1) Strengthened inclusive environmental governance in targeted subnational jurisdictions that advances biodiversity conservation, sustainable forest management, and sustainable land use and 2) Increased implementation of environmental and social sustainability goals within private sector natural resource commodity production supply chains that reduces threats to biodiversity and greenhouse gas emissions from land use.
The Activity’s base period is from February 26, 2021 through February 25, 2024 (Year 1-3), with two option periods (Year 4 and 5).
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Code: SEGAR – Communications Manager
Position title: Communications Manager
Based in: Jakarta
Expected Hiring Date: ASAP
Type of Contract: Fixed-term
Report to: Chief of Party
- Develops, oversees, and implements the activity’s strategic communications plan
- Provides support to the technical team by developing and implementing communications tasks as related to implementation of work plan tasks
- Develops communications products such as marketing materials, promotional videos, online/social media campaigns, success stories, infographics and others.
- Ensures compliance with USAID branding plan and marking plan requirements
- Provides quality assurance, supervision of communication product dissemination, and monitoring of distribution
- Measures impact of SEGAR public outreach and communications products such as success stories, video clips, etc. to determine the extent to which the strategic communications plan has successfully contributed to the communications objectives of the activity
- Increases dissemination of public outreach and communications products by developing, nurturing, and monitoring diverse national and regional distribution channels through networks of civil society organizations, local newspapers, radio and TV to promote inclusiveness and participation
- Performs other duties consistent with activity objectives, the technical skills of the position, and activity requirements as directed by supervisor
- Travels within subnational jurisdictions
- Reports to chief of party
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, marketing, or another related field
- Experience managing market analyses, market penetration, publicity campaigns, product marketing, public relations, or similar in the private sector and/or public communications campaigns in the public sector.
- Fluency in Indonesian, strong working proficiency in English
- Experience working with mass media, or providers of communications products and services in the Indonesian market
- Experience working on communications in the area of biodiversity conservation, conservation governance, local governance, commodity supply chain management, certification schemes, or other related areas in the Indonesian context
- Experience working with USAID and knowledge of USAID communications policies
How to Apply:
If you are interested and qualified for the above position, please send your CV/resume to SEGARrecruit@chemonics.com with the code “SEGAR-Communications Manager” on the submission email. The deadline to submit applications is May 4, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.