USAID SEGAR is seeking Communications Assistant (1 post) to support SEGAR Activity at national level and based in Jakarta.
USAID SEGAR is a five-year project that aims to advance Indonesia’s own development goals of balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. USAID SEGAR contributes to the 2020 – 2025 USAID Indonesia Country Development Cooperation Strategy, Development Objective 3: Environmental Sustainability Improved, and Intermediate Result 1, Natural Resource Management Improved. USAID SEGAR works in four regions with total twelve intervention districts; 1) Aceh (Aceh Tamiang, Aceh Utara, Aceh Timur); 2) Central Kalimantan (Seruyan, Kotawaringin Barat); 3) West Kalimantan (Ketapang, Kubu Raya, Sanggau, Sintang); and 4) East Kalimantan (Berau, Kutai Timur, Mahakam Ulu).
In USAID SEGAR, communication is a key, multi-faceted function within the Activity and crosscuts all technical areas. It is the responsibility of the communications team to support good internal communications as well as solid external communications with key stakeholders and the public. Communications team will provide strategic communication support for USAID SEGAR activities, including supporting the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team in client and GOI reporting as necessary, the development of communications products, outreach activities, and media relations (including social media).
The Communication Assistant is to support the Communication Manager in all internal and external communications, outreach, and public relations. The Assistant works closely with USAID SEGAR staff to draft communication materials and effectively communicate the Activity approaches, outputs, and impacts with USAID, the Government of Indonesia, and other audiences. Communication strategies are performed and help USAID SEGAR to demonstrate USAID´s role in supporting Indonesia’s own development goals of balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic growth and livelihoods development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of USAID SEGAR’s communication, branding, and marking strategies, and ensure that all project documents and materials are compliant with USAID policies.
- Support the Communications Manager to produce communication products such as writings, stories, highlights, press releases, and variety of promotional, educational, and informational materials (printed and audio visual).
- Provide communications assistance to partners and counterparts as necessary and appropriate.
- Contribute to the management of USAID SEGAR social media platforms and help develop content that is consistent with USAID SEGAR messaging and communications strategies.
- Provide support in managing media relations and high-level events.
- Performs other duties consistent with activity objectives, the technical skills of the position, and activity requirements as directed by supervisor.
- Travels within subnational jurisdictions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field.
- Experience in developing project outreach and communication products.
- Experience with social media campaign and content production/management.
- Experience working with mass media, or providers of communications products and services in the Indonesian market.
- Experience working on communications in biodiversity conservation, conservation governance, local governance, commodity supply chain management, certification schemes, or other related areas in the Indonesian context is preferred.
- Fluency in Indonesian, strong working proficiency in English.
- Experience working with USAID and knowledge of USAID communications policies.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV or Resume to SEGARrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “COMAS – Yourname”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.